Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Corona brushes

11K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  Joeb3rg 
#1 ·
Looking at getting some corona brushes can anyone suggest where I can get some and which are the best, heard the Cody, Kingston and knight are good

#11 ·
Red Truck said:
I've always wanted to try out Corona too but our local BM store does not carry.

How does Cortez 2 1/2inch angled compare to Silver Tip? That's my go to.

Thanks
I just tried the silver tips the other day. Seemed like a good cheap brush. All Polyester I think. I was subbing for a high end interiors company and that is all they used, they even gave me a few.
The silver tips are marketed as a contractor or HO brush, the jacket says "semi-professional quality". Seemed pretty good to me, doesn't really compare to a corona in pick up / release or leveling, but at less than half the price they are a good deal

#22 ·
For me if I wanted to get into stocking Corona Brushes (or others for that matter) I'd have to buy them direct and get into a whole other product line. Neither of my suppliers stock them. Generally a minimum of $500-$750 minimum order direct from most brush companies. Not worth it to me when I carry Wooster and some Purdy brushes and they fill all my needs. These are items I can pull whatever I may need from my suppliers. Sometimes I'll do a direct order when I have the demand, but for the most part I like having the flexibility to get what I need for the week when I need it and keep money available.

#24 ·
WisePainter said:
Wooster and Purdy also work for Home Depot and Lowes' needs.

You would move every Corona quickly once the local paint pros had the option of an amazing tool.
Seriously never knew what I was missing. I wish my bm dealer up north sold them. If I owned a paint store they would be the only brushes I'd carry.

#26 ·
The Wooster brushes & rollers on my shelf I have not seen in Lowes or Depot. At least in my area and I'd assume it'd be the same all around. When i looked at their selection they weren't flagged nicely at all, some looked like they were straight chopped and would stand on their bristles if put on a counter. I generally don't push the Purdy's but its a well known name and are a good brush, it's a minimum selection.
The Woosters I carry are Alpha, Ultra Pro extra firm, both Ultra Pro Firm (wood + green handles), Lindbeck and Cutter china's, Silver Tip, yachtsman for the higher ends. Amber Fong, Soft Tip and then down to throw aways.
Purdys are Pro extra glide, XL glide and nylox glide.
Then there's the PX brand also for a mid /cheaper line.
I noticed that the new PPG stores that are opening up are strictly PPG labeled applicators. No brand names at all. Not sure who makes them.

#31 ·
I meant what CORONA products do you commonly use. But good to know anyway. Drinks we have, our own brand at that. Wooster Mini and Jumbo Koter also.

My vision is to become so busy that I can set aside a painters corner with a table, coffee, water. WiFi, so painters can have a common meeting place with customers and get quotes on the spot, be comfortable while waiting for their order, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.