Elastomeric estimate????? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 04-30-2009, 10:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View Gjorda's Photo Album My Photos
Default Elastomeric estimate?????

First post here...Looking for a little assistance or maybe just a little reassurance. I typically do not paint with elstomeric products but I am putting a bid together for a lady who has a stucco house, siding and trim.
It is about 7000 sq ft.
When I figured up the bid it came in at around 13 grand.
Am I way off on the bid?
For a no-elastimeric painted house I would figure it to be about 9 grand.

help please.
thanks
Gjorda is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
tsevnami

Rewards Points: 1,000
View tsunamicontract's Photo Album My Photos

Are you sure you need elastomeric? just because its stucco does not mean elasto is the right coating.
tsunamicontract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:53 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75
View zerowned's Photo Album My Photos

yeah thats the real question, does the HO need the elasto. before you try to educate your customer make sure you are telling them the right information and thats what this forum is for! you would need to post some pictures or tell us if his/her house's stucco is in good/fair/bad condition. all you need to do is look at it and see if it is crumbling, cracking or any other odd condition that isnt normal for stucco. What you could do after you get that information and post it here is put a price for with and a price for without, or a mix match price scheme, cover your bases with options.
zerowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2009, 11:04 PM   #4

Yeah, she definitely wants elastomeric. I think it is in pretty good condition; a few cracks and woodpecker holes to fill but...

I am just kind of wondering about prices compared to, say a house that I am using duration.
A little more work with the elastomeric with back rolling and all. Especially 3 stories up in the back of the house.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:09 PM   #5
tsevnami

she can want what ever she wants, but what does the house need? You are the professional and should be able to recommend the correct coatings for her application. LoxOn and Superpaint might do just a fine job at much less the price. Elaso sucks to roll. Keep in mind you will be using something the size of a small dog loaded with coating on the end of a pole 30 feet in the air. It can get tiring.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,000
View nEighter's Photo Album My Photos

without seeing the house 7000sqft and 12K seems like a fit. What is the house worth?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nEighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunamicontract View Post
she can want what ever she wants, but what does the house need? You are the professional and should be able to recommend the correct coatings for her application. LoxOn and Superpaint might do just a fine job at much less the price. Elaso sucks to roll. Keep in mind you will be using something the size of a small dog loaded with coating on the end of a pole 30 feet in the air. It can get tiring.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:13 PM   #8
tsevnami

gotta use those 1 1/4 nap covers for that stuff. Rolling on stucco gets em all splayed out.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #9

I do have a small dog to use!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nEighter View Post
without seeing the house 7000sqft and 12K seems like a fit. What is the house worth?
I would say in the 1.5-2 Mill.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:19 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 75
View zerowned's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjorda View Post
Yeah, she definitely wants elastomeric. I think it is in pretty good condition; a few cracks and woodpecker holes to fill but...
if she wants it quote her for your price for it and if she dies of sticker shock, propose that her house doesnt need elasto and you can use different product that will do the same job and give a quote with something else.

Quote:
exactly what i was trying to get at, dont let the HO tell you what needs to be done if that isnt correct, you are the pro, you dont go to her place of work and tell her what she needs to do. just make sure you know everything you need to know before you go in. have a game plan basically

[edit] what type of stucco is it exactly?
zerowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:20 PM   #12

Quote:
gotta use those 1 1/4 nap covers for that stuff. Rolling on stucco gets em all splayed out.
I loved the visual though! LOL

Old 04-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #13

That's where I am at with the elastomeric thing. I haven't used it in 10 years or so, when I worked for a commercial painter.
Been on my own for 10 years and have not run into it yet. So I am not all that familiar with what needs it and what does not.

Tags
None