flashing or roller marks? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 04-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View jrnywmn's Photo Album My Photos
Default flashing or roller marks?

I painted with Behr flat enamel, does the enamel create a shine or did I do something wrong? little confussed on the difference of FLAT and FLAT ENAMEL. The owner hates it ! However at her request, it is only one coat, so could that be the problem?
jrnywmn is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,922
Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,405 Posts
View Dave Mac's Photo Album My Photos

Now adays their are so many names for paint at differnt shine levels you have to be careful. You have to find out what the homeowner wants. Duration home matt is another example its called matt so I would think its flat, imo it has a shine of a eggshell or satin. Behr has seven or six differnt interior shine levels. So if she wants a paint with no shine, enamel flat from behr probaly has to much shine.

The second coat will only get more shiney, you better switch to a true flat paint. I think the paint manufactures have really made it hard to understand the shiine levels with all the differnt names they give them, its your job to try to idenify the needs of the client and get the product best for the application, getting familiar with a good local paint store that has knowledgeable people behind the counter is a big plus, i try to stay away from HD and Lowes for advice, unless I already know the answere to the question. lol

dave
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000
View TooledUp's Photo Album My Photos

A painter would be able to tell if it was the paint or something he'd done wrong. This place is for professional painter's discussions - You'll get better advice over at the DIY forum There's some real helpful and knowledgable people there who will be able to help you out

Good luck!
TooledUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2009, 12:30 AM   #4
The Lurker

Rewards Points: 2,000
View MAK-Deco's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnywmn View Post
I painted with Behr flat enamel, does the enamel create a shine or did I do something wrong? little confussed on the difference of FLAT and FLAT ENAMEL. The owner hates it ! However at her request, it is only one coat, so could that be the problem?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MAK-Deco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:43 AM   #5
PinheadsUnite

Rewards Points: 1,696
Thanked 17,336 Times in 10,141 Posts
View daArch's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnywmn View Post
More than one pro would say what you did wrong was to use Behr.

But what do I know, I never used the stuff since the very early 90's - I listen to my brethren about their problems w/ it

"Are we having fun yet"
daArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:24 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 150
View YubaPaintPro's Photo Album My Photos

flat enamel
what is the difference between flat and flat enamel?

HMM! Maybe should've stopped here when you posted this.
YubaPaintPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:48 AM   #7
very senior member

Thanked 5,521 Times in 3,389 Posts
View chrisn's Photo Album My Photos

I painted with Behr flat enamel,

HMM! Maybe should've stopped here when you posted this.

what is the difference between flat and flat enamel?

Should never have stated or admitted the first part.
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 266
View tntpainting's Photo Album My Photos

behr paint is garbage i will not stand behind any work i do if h / o supply it
tntpainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #9

Rewards Points: 10
View traditions2's Photo Album My Photos

I would switch to a true deadflat paint. Many paints that claim to be flat have a bit of a sheen.

Don't worry about what questions you ask here. There are many "seasoned pros" out there that have questions they want to ask but don't. I have asked some pretty basic questions on here that I probably should have known. I consider myself a pro with plenty of knowledge. However, this site is intended to help each other learn. No question is a dumb question in my opinion. Ask away my man!
traditions2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None