Getting HO to Commit - Page 2 - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #21
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: mo.
Posts: 4,125
Rewards Points: 2,754
Thanks: 1,335
Thanked 2,064 Times in 1,356 Posts
View mudbone's Photo Album My Photos

Originally Posted by chrisn View Post
You ever try to paint around a border? Trust me, you will only do it once
If it's glued down good just paint over it!
mudbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #22
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 40
Rewards Points: 25
Thanks: 27
Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts
View Painted-Bride's Photo Album My Photos

Originally Posted by Pete the Painter View Post
So here is my situation,
I have had a very slow summer--well, slow would have been nice.
Now, I have one potential customer (my wife's aunt) who cannot decide exactly what she wants done. I convinced her to have me take off old peeling wallpaper before I paint, but now she cannot decide if she wants to have me remove the border too. Another potential customer who was very happy with the estimate, but is trying to convince the other three condo owners to get the work done now and not wait. I did give them a discount on labor, but with the stipulation that the estimate had to be signed by Sept. 7th. A third customer who is having me wait until her sons return to college before I begin work (I know that I have this work, but I just want to start so I can earn some money).

So, wondering if any of you that have owned their own company longer than me, which is just about everyone here, that has experience convincing HO to sign estimate--give them a little nudge.
I usually put it to them like this: The price for the work (labor only) is $1,500, but if you are ready for a Sept 7th start date, I will give you 10% off my labor price.

or: I have a big project I am scheduled to start on Sept 16th, and I can squeeze you in on the 7th and have you completed by the 15th, (that would work perfect for my September schedule). If I don't get you started on Sept 7th, I may not be able to fit you in until Nov., 1st.

Sometimes, (if you need the income), you need to put some fire under the customers butt and bluff them.
Painted-Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Painted-Bride For This Useful Post:


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network | | | | |