Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Graco GH vs. GMAX

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  premierpainter 
#1 ·
I am looking for opinions on the Graco GH lineup vs. the GMAX line. The GH200 vs. the GMAX5900 specifically. Will be using a variety of paints, but mostly sticking with exterior flats. Thoughts and reasons?

#2 ·
I love slow stroke hydraulic rigs over the gmax series any day . Seriously look at the speedflo 4900 or 6900 and spend the extra money on the electric conversion. Whisper quiet man once you use it all other rigs will be noticeably loud and annoying . Plus hydro rigs are tough as nails man if you lube them and keep em clean they last forever....my main speedflo for years was a 4900 and I never had to repack it and probably put 10-15000 gallons through it over a ten year period.

#3 ·
My word of caution is the upkeep and maintenance on the hydraulic pumps. You'll need fluids and to keep it all clean in order to avoid downtime. Plus not to mention if it does happen to have issues, more parts to replace vs a pump.

Anyway, both units are GREAT no doubt about it. My honest opinion is go with the gmax. Good strong unit, not over kill, less parts to replace, less maintenance, and you can switch pumps out in case you need to pump other types of material.

Just my personal take, but like I said, both units are great, no doubt about it. Just depends on your uses and situation on what you can afford etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.