Graco sprayer - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By slinger58
  • 1 Post By Workaholic
  • 1 Post By slinger58
  • 2 Post By cocomonkeynuts
  • 2 Post By dwallon60
  • 1 Post By Mr Smith

Old 05-04-2018, 02:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 32
View steve0's Photo Album My Photos
Default Graco sprayer

Hi have a quick question if anyone can help , I have a Graco Mark v for a while now but its building pressure with the spray value in prime position its doesn't air-locked so can still spray away but should i get it check out maybe ?
steve0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2018, 09:40 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve0 View Post
Hi have a quick question if anyone can help , I have a Graco Mark v for a while now but its building pressure with the spray value in prime position its doesn't air-locked so can still spray away but should i get it check out maybe ?
Yes I would get this checked out. It could be something as simple as a sign that your drain/pressure release valve is going bad. If so simple fix with a wrench, or it could end up being something else which could be more costly. Best to get it diagnosed now before causing damage to a very nice pump.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Workaholic For This Useful Post:
steve0 (05-05-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 09:58 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 82
Thanked 5,829 Times in 3,142 Posts
View slinger58's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
Yes I would get this checked out. It could be something as simple as a sign that your drain/pressure release valve is going bad. If so simple fix with a wrench, or it could end up being something else which could be more costly. Best to get it diagnosed now before causing damage to a very nice pump.

Don't y'all just hate it when some old goat from PTs past shows up and pretends to be some kind of expert? I know I do!

Lol. Damn, Work... how ya been? I'm closing in on retirement so you're probably a grandfather by now?

Good to hear from ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2018, 10:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinger58 View Post
Don't y'all just hate it when some old goat from PTs past shows up and pretends to be some kind of expert? I know I do!

Lol. Damn, Work... how ya been? I'm closing in on retirement so you're probably a grandfather by now?

Good to hear from ya.

haha an expert surrounded by experts.

Slinger always good to see that you are still roaming the halls and keeping these degenerates in check.

Retirement sounds like a beautiful thing. I'm not at the grandfather stage but all my kids will be in High school next year. Time flys very quickly indeed.

I've been running like a dog and staying very busy. Last year there was no winter slowdown other than the planned 3 weeks before Christmas to after New years. Living up to the old handle I reckon lol.
slinger58 likes this.
slinger58 (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 10:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
haha an expert surrounded by experts.

Slinger always good to see that you are still roaming the halls and keeping these degenerates in check.

Retirement sounds like a beautiful thing. I'm not at the grandfather stage but all my kids will be in High school next year. Time flys very quickly indeed.

I've been running like a dog and staying very busy. Last year there was no winter slowdown other than the planned 3 weeks before Christmas to after New years. Living up to the old handle I reckon lol.

No doubt time gets away fast, so don't get too "holic" on the work thing. They'll be grown and gone before you know it. Take care, Work.

The Following User Says Thank You to slinger58 For This Useful Post:
Workaholic (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 10:56 PM   #6

Quote:
No doubt time gets away fast, so don't get too "holic" on the work thing. They'll be grown and gone before you know it. Take care, Work.

Don't I know it. My middle child drove me to Lowes yesterday. Crazy days lol.

You too Slinger. If you do fb hit me up and it will be easier to stay in contact. I guess it has been over a year since I was here last. I try to check in a couple times a year but I guess I suck at time.

What are the big retirement plans? Going Hollywood on us as a cast member of Swamp People? Or bigger and grander things?
slinger58 (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 11:17 PM   #7

I've never done Facebook and I'm too old and bullheaded to start now. Lol.

I'm hoping retirement means more golf and maybe time to work on my own house. My old golf buddies and I still make two trips per year to a RTJ location. Haven't made it up to your neck of the woods yet, but hope to get to it one day.

Since I don't do FB, I'll swap some contact info by PM in case I get up that way.

Workaholic likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to slinger58 For This Useful Post:
Workaholic (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 11:24 PM   #8

Quote:
I've never done Facebook and I'm too old and bullheaded to start now. Lol.

I'm hoping retirement means more golf and maybe time to work on my own house. My old golf buddies and I still make two trips per year to a RTJ location. Haven't made it up to your neck of the woods yet, but hope to get to it one day.

Since I don't do FB, I'll swap some contact info by PM in case I get up that way.

SteveO is going to be like wtf happened here lol.

Damn man I figured you hit the courses here by now. I know you talked about it quite awhile back. But I guess that is what retirement is for.

Hard to get time to do stuff at your own place. I started a simple drywall project in my house a year ago and it is still unfinished. Wife is not stoked lol.

Sounds good man. I am going to log off but will check in tomorrow. Take care of yourself and retirement does sound dreamy.
slinger58 (05-04-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 07:40 AM   #9

Thanks workaholic, will get it booked in for a service and hopefully it doesn't hit the pocket to much lol
The Following User Says Thank You to steve0 For This Useful Post:
Workaholic (05-05-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 08:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve0 View Post
Thanks workaholic, will get it booked in for a service and hopefully it doesn't hit the pocket to much lol
Np Steve0, imo it is always best to put the gear in the shop for maintenance on your time rather than have it be a forced downtime in the middle of a project. Hope it is just minor maintenance.
steve0 (05-05-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 04:18 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 1,510
View cocomonkeynuts's Photo Album My Photos

In case anyone was wondering DO NOT buy the X15/X17 magnum models. I had one pump packing's catastrophically fail last fall after ~50 gal. Today on another pump the motor caught fire.

Never again.
cocomonkeynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonkeynuts View Post
In case anyone was wondering DO NOT buy the X15/X17 magnum models. I had one pump packing's catastrophically fail last fall after ~50 gal. Today on another pump the motor caught fire.

Never again.
I always try and steer ppl towards a more suitable pump for professional use, and even home owners I deal with who inquire about pumps I recommend something that will serve them for decades with proper maintenance. Sucks that you experienced that. I have never used that tier of machines but I have seen many complaints about them not working properly after long term storage.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:39 PM   #13

Rewards Points: 164
View dwallon60's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:

Never again.
Yeah, that is the definition of a disposable pump. I hate it when painting "professionals"buy one of these guys. I hear the word "Magnum" and I cringe.
Way to go Graco.
dwallon60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:50 AM   #14

Rewards Points: 1,510
View cocomonkeynuts's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwallon60 View Post
Yeah, that is the definition of a disposable pump. I hate it when painting "professionals"buy one of these guys. I hear the word "Magnum" and I cringe.
Way to go Graco.
In the mean time I just bought a lightly used 695 pro ultimax II with hose reel for $1000. Its a beast but whats a good rental rate for this machine? $100/day? The other store in town charges 100 for a 440...
cocomonkeynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:15 PM   #15

Quote:
In the mean time I just bought a lightly used 695 pro ultimax II with hose reel for $1000. Its a beast but whats a good rental rate for this machine? $100/day? The other store in town charges 100 for a 440...
I'm not in the rental game but I would imagine the 90-100 a day range. 695 is a solid pump and if maintained well will be making you $ for years and years.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:29 PM   #16

Rewards Points: 1,838
View Mr Smith's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
In the mean time I just bought a lightly used 695 pro ultimax II with hose reel for $1000. Its a beast but what a good rental rate for this machine? $100/day? The other store in town charges 100 for a 440...
That's a steal for $1K if it is lightly used. I just checked the spring contractor sale and the Graco 695 Ultra is $3400.

I could make a killing reselling them in Canada.
Wildbill7145 likes this.
Mr Smith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:58 AM   #17

Rewards Points: 764
View goga's Photo Album My Photos

Hose reel is the best thing ever made.
goga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:32 PM   #18

If anyone else runs into this problem, i took the prime valve out and gave it a clean and its back working like a champ. Thanks again for the help
Old 05-19-2018, 08:17 PM   #19

Rewards Points: 380
View Veith@toast.net's Photo Album My Photos

Mine was plugged up to. Simple fix.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Veith@toast.net is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None