Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

H.E.R.O. 1140gsd ... Anyone ever used one?

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  sir paintalot 
#1 ·
Have a chance to buy one of these for a good price it looks almost brand new and has all the paper work including the original sales receipt for $2300 in 2001. I found the specs online it pushes 1.0 gpm and has a 5.5 hp Honda .
I have two concerns -
1. It has a weird piston set up it's on the bottom and works on a cam like lobe. I haven't ever seen one like this and am concerned about reliability
2. It has a pretty small pickup tube and I'm concerned that even though it has a sufficient gpm rating that it won't pump materials as viscous as elastomeric

Thoughts ?

#3 ·
I have seen plenty online, and I really like they looks of them. They look like a work machine not a nascar, here is looking at you graco, dewalt, and plenty of others.

Chinese made, and I don't know of anyone who services them or where to get parts. They did have some impressive looking units thou both in aesthetics and performance numbers.

#4 ·
There's another guy here in town who's a certified hero tech, I haven't got ahold of him yet ... But I know packing kits are readily available .
The good price is $300 I just don't want to buy it and end up with ANOTHER pump that's only good for shooting latex.but at that price I can't lose . comes with 100' of line and a silver gun, plus the lady has a pile of drops she said I can have too... I'll probably just buy it and if it won't pump elasto keep it for a 3rd backup lol

#9 ·
Diaphragm pump inlet and out let valves open and close thousands of times to pump a gallon. I have a speeflo atlas 30:1 it's the same paint pump as a PT Classic.
The inlet and out let valve open and close 40 times a gallon same as the PT8900.

The diaphragm pump are good for finish work cause there is hardly any dead band
and you can turn them way down without any winking. Also if you run your bucket dry you won't hurt it.

Just some pros and cons of the pumps.

#11 ·
I've used a Hero 1100NC for the last 25 years. This thing is a powerhouse. The hydraulics are separate from the paint. Never had a hydraulics problem, just change the inlet and outgo balls on the paint side (do it myself easily, 5 bucks for the balls) every now and then and the thing has run flawlessly for 25 years. I've sprayed elasto many times with no probs at all. Mine has a 1.5hp motor and sprays 1 gal/minute. Fantastic machine. Don't know much about your model but I would highly recommend mine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.