Have a exterior door that needs painting........ - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 04-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
Paint to ride!

Rewards Points: 150
View BenPaintinTooLong's Photo Album My Photos
Default Have a exterior door that needs painting........

no rush ,it has needed painting for a long time and I will be taking bids on it.
That is what was left on my machine, not going to compete for that one!

Has that been the norm for most of you guys this year? It seems everyone is taking 3 or more bids on the smallest jobs, even a single bdrm,

It is expensive to advertise, but who can afford not to! P.T.Barnum
BenPaintinTooLong is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2009, 06:54 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000
View JNLP's Photo Album My Photos

I'd compete. Just reply with you have a flat rate of $1500.00 per door. Might get lucky who knows?
JNLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 428
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,184 Posts
View WisePainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNLP View Post
I'd compete. Just reply with you have a flat rate of $1500.00 per door. Might get lucky who knows?
I happen to agree, even though that is a psychotic idea...probably why I agree.
WisePainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 500
View ParagonVA's Photo Album My Photos

Man, that sucks. One F-ing door??? Maybe it's a monstrous garage door that need a full day of prep, a full coat of primer, glass scraping, glass cleaning, harware cleaning, AND....3 topcoats 'cause they're doing a drastic color change!!! yeah, yeah....that's the ticket

Around here, people always seem to get a lot of bids no matter the size of the job. There are SO many companies it's absurd. Recently though, I haven't noticed having to compete more, I've just noticed fewer inquiries.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,030
Thanked 4,211 Times in 2,057 Posts
View aaron61's Photo Album My Photos

We had a call Today from a woman who said,"I have a 2 car garage door I need painted" I said ,"that is a little small for us but I could see if 1 of my painters might be interested in taking a look at it." She Says,"It's not rocket science,I don't need to have anyone look at it, just tell me what you charge to paint it brown!!!!"
WOW!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

aaron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:42 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 500
View ParagonVA's Photo Album My Photos

man, they're getting feisty out there! Maybe she can send you some dig. photos at least, jeez!
Old 04-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #7

View JNLP's Photo Album My Photos

Maybe it's a superduper artsy door with 32 colors and details as thin as a toothpick? And the guy is a billionaire willing to pay top dollar?? And to make your day relaxing he's going to hire a few Playbody models to keep you company and rub your shoulders when you're tired & stressed the whole time??? AND GRAPES?????? AND ICE COLD BEER TOO?????????

Or maybe it a solid flat door that'll take a few minutes to whizz out.
JNLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 2,000
View nEighter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Maybe it's a superduper artsy door with 32 colors and details as thin as a toothpick? And the guy is a billionaire willing to pay top dollar?? And to make your day relaxing he's going to hire a few Playbody models to keep you company and rub your shoulders when you're tired & stressed the whole time??? AND GRAPES?????? AND ICE COLD BEER TOO?????????

that is it. I am moving to your area.. you better share your clients man!

nEighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 428
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,184 Posts
View WisePainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisePainter View Post
I happen to agree, even though that is a psychotic idea...probably why I agree.
Quote:

psyyyyychotic!

WisePainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #10
tsevnami

View tsunamicontract's Photo Album My Photos

And Grapes!
tsunamicontract is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None