I think my business number has been hijacked - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 06-28-2018, 09:36 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 5,124
View Woodco's Photo Album My Photos
Default I think my business number has been hijacked

This is my google voice number, BTW

The other day, I got a random call from Austin. I though it might be a potential client. It sounded like some getto kid going "Who dis? Why you callin?"

I said, I have no idea what hes talking about, and if I called his number it was an accident. He just yelled "Dont call my number again!" and hung up.

When I got out of the shower today, I saw his number on my missed calls.

I thought about it for a while, and I figure my number might be hacked by a robocaller. I just now sent off a text to the person explaining what I think is happening, and asked him to tell me what phone call actually is. Im waiting for his response.

I googled this and found an interesting story about a man who started getting a call every few minutes from very angry people and receiving threats. https://abcnews.go.com/US/scammers-h...ry?id=28750289

Boy, I sure hope it doesnt come down to changing my work number., I have a lot of clients who have it, not to mention business cards, etc.... If someone wanted to, they could track down my home address pretty quickly online.... Kind of a scary thought...
Woodco is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2018, 09:55 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2
View Gymschu's Photo Album My Photos

Woodco, you are having some week! In a perfect world, for me anyway, there would be no phones, well, at least NO PHONE CALLS. I hate answering the phone. Texts, I love the texting feature of cell phones. I have most of my good customers trained to text me rather than call. I love it.

I hope you get this figured out. Sure would suck to have your phone number compromised.
Gymschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:33 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,766
View Mr Smith's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodco View Post
This is my google voice number, BTW

The other day, I got a random call from Austin. I though it might be a potential client. It sounded like some getto kid going "Who dis? Why you callin?"

I said, I have no idea what hes talking about, and if I called his number it was an accident. He just yelled "Dont call my number again!" and hung up.

When I got out of the shower today, I saw his number on my missed calls.

I thought about it for a while, and I figure my number might be hacked by a robocaller. I just now sent off a text to the person explaining what I think is happening, and asked him to tell me what phone call actually is. Im waiting for his response.

I googled this and found an interesting story about a man who started getting a call every few minutes from very angry people and receiving threats. https://abcnews.go.com/US/scammers-h...ry?id=28750289

Boy, I sure hope it doesnt come down to changing my work number., I have a lot of clients who have it, not to mention business cards, etc.... If someone wanted to, they could track down my home address pretty quickly online.... Kind of a scary thought...
I got a similar call from a local painting contractor who said he was going to sue me. He was rambling on about calling the police on me and a bunch of other very weird stuff. I tracked him down and his company was on page one of Google who offered $99/room painting. I called him back and he told me not to call him again. Very strange call. I honestly had no idea what he wanted. He must have been drunk or stoned.
Mr Smith is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
None