Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

My paint store is better than yours.

10K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  pinchegordo 
#1 ·
Hi, I am from Toronto, and would like to discuss 3 stores: Benjamin Moore, Sherwin-Williams and Dulux. If you had to go with their best paint for ceilings, walls and trim - which store / paint you would go for?
Im hearing so many different opinions. One says they use obnly SH Emerald, another says Emerald is crap, Dulux Diamond is cheaper but better quality. The only thing that most people tend to agree upon is Aura being the best paint ever.
I need opinions please

#5 ·
Here's what you do-

Go into each paint store and talk to the sales rep and employees you will be dealing with at each company. Ask the sales rep what makes his particular company better than the others, and any other questions that are important to you. Watch their customer service for awhile, and then make a decision on what seems like the best fit for you.

#11 ·
Trying to identify whats the best paint for all painters is like trying to identify what's the best choclate for all people.

Some people will like Hersheys kisses more then a Snickers bar, despite one containing the addition of creamy caramel and peanuts. As long as the consumer's chocolate craving is satisfied, who cares what choice they've made. And, it's not like the person who enjoys a Peanut Butter Cup is forced to eat an Almond joy.

I could understand a painter complaining if they were forced to use a paint they didn't prefer, but to complain that everyone is not recognizing the brilliance of embracing Hershey Kisses exclusively, when there are a number of chocholate choices to choose from, seems ridiculous.

Chocolate is chocolate
Paint is Paint
Cars are cars
Houses are houses
Vacations are vacations
Dogs are dogs
Guns are guns
Liquor is liquor
Art is art

The only thing that determines value is you. And as long as we always expect the best of everything, the least satisfied we'll be.

#14 ·
My Paint store is the best : )
Because i get little packets of biscuits for smoko

Yes thats all it takes for me to keep buying at the same store throw in a BBQ now and again

Customer for life
Ben - for crying out loud, if you're going to post here use "proper" English and call em' cookies like we do over here. :mad:

;););)

#18 ·
Full disclosure, I own a Ben Moore/PPG store in SW FL.

However, when I first brought the Ben Moore paint lines in I was still very much a PPG/Porter Paint guy.

But as soon as I began trying the Ben Moore, I was blown away. I had always thought, as a lot of painters do, that the BM was an overpriced paint line and you were paying for just the name.

That couldn't be more untrue. Now with all the price increases at SW & PPG, Ben Moore is highly competitive in our area. As mentioned, the Aura is such an incredible paint in so many ways. If anyone is an Emerald fan, I always push them to the Aura and it has always worked out very well every time.

Needless to say, if I'm painting anything, I'm using Ben Moore almost without exception. JMHO, of course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.