New Festool Extractor - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Like Tree24Likes

Old 11-15-2019, 10:47 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 210
View Pete Martin the Painter's Photo Album My Photos
Default New Festool Extractor

I was in my paint store today and it was really quiet there..I was the only one there. While we waited for the paint to shake I was looking at the new mini Festool extractor. Some awesome upgrades. It now was a 3 prong plug, it can be used as a blower and there is bluetooth so you can use it as a vacuum 30 feet up without turning on the sander. My old one might have to fall out of the back of my truck.

Sent from my SM-A600U using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pete Martin the Painter is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2019, 09:13 PM   #2
PPD
Girl Boss

Rewards Points: 114
View PPD's Photo Album My Photos

I was just looking at them the other day too!! The guys informed me they’re discontinuing the package offer @ the end of this year so you’ll no longer get a discount on extractor when buying a tool

I’ve been drooling over the sanders for so long...hearing that has pretty much sealed the deal- I’m gettin myself the CT26 or 36 as a christmas present!
vwbowman likes this.

Perfectly Painted Designs

San Diego, CA
PPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPD View Post
I was just looking at them the other day too!! The guys informed me they’re discontinuing the package offer @ the end of this year so you’ll no longer get a discount on extractor when buying a tool

I’ve been drooling over the sanders for so long...hearing that has pretty much sealed the deal- I’m gettin myself the CT26 or 36 as a christmas present!
I drooled over them for about a year. I now own 6 sanders, 2 extractors and the vacuum set up. I cannot imagine doing a job without them.

PPD likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2019, 11:00 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,450
View Lightningboy65's Photo Album My Photos

6 Festool sanders for a one man show! Oh boy, a 12 step program may be in order!
Lightningboy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lightningboy65 For This Useful Post:
RH (11-27-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 11:59 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 199
View PNW Painter's Photo Album My Photos

I’ve got 5 Festool sanders and I’m a one man show. Each of them has their use and has made me $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PNW Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningboy65 View Post
6 Festool sanders for a one man show! Oh boy, a 12 step program may be in order!
I do have 2 RO 90 for when I had a guy working with me. And, I got one of them for free. A rep came of from Germany and asked my paint shop if the could recommend anyone to test drive some of the newer models.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Painter View Post
I’ve got 5 Festool sanders and I’m a one man show. Each of them has their use and has made me $$$.

I bought the paint stripper over the summer and it paid for itself in one day. Someone told me that it was recently discontinued.

PPD likes this.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:30 AM   #8

Justifying your actions....that's one of the red flag signs.
PPD likes this.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:30 PM   #9
PPD
Girl Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Martin the Painter View Post
I drooled over them for about a year. I now own 6 sanders, 2 extractors and the vacuum set up. I cannot imagine doing a job without them.

Soooo jealous!!!

San Diego, CA
Old 11-26-2019, 09:26 PM   #10
Painting & More

Rewards Points: 576
View A+HomeWork's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:

My SW rep told me they were going to carry them. Aren't they really expensive?
Are the tools compatible with other systems or is it all or none with Festool?
Old 11-27-2019, 12:22 AM   #11
PPD
Girl Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by A+HomeWork View Post
My SW rep told me they were going to carry them. Aren't they really expensive?

Are the tools compatible with other systems or is it all or none with Festool?

Yep its a self contained system...like the snap-on of woodworking tools.

Have seen a few videos were ppl jerry rigged connections to the extractor from their existing tools but figure if ur gunna buy the Rolls Royce of dust extractors why not get the the equally high quality tool?

Its not cheap by any means but things of quality never are....definitely not a weekend warrior investment, but the 2nd hand market is strong & they keep their value amazingly well.

San Diego, CA
Old 11-27-2019, 07:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Yep its a self contained system...like the snap-on of woodworking tools.

Have seen a few videos were ppl jerry rigged connections to the extractor from their existing tools but figure if ur gunna buy the Rolls Royce of dust extractors why not get the the equally high quality tool?

Its not cheap by any means but things of quality never are....definitely not a weekend warrior investment, but the 2nd hand market is strong & they keep their value amazingly well.
And they last. Of the six sanders and 2 extractors I have only had to had to send out 2 sanders for repairs over 5 years that I have been using them.

PPD likes this.

Old 11-27-2019, 11:16 AM   #13
RH

Rewards Points: 6,570
Thanked 15,500 Times in 8,156 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos

I’ve had a major man crush on my Festool equipment ever since I bought it - no signs of it diminishing.

Bill Watterson
RH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:44 PM   #14

Rewards Points: 460
View Redux's Photo Album My Photos

This is my Rotex. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Rotex is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Rotex without me, is useless. Without my Rotex, I am useless. I must sand with my Rotex true. I must sand faster than my competition who is trying to outsand me. I must out prepare him before he out prepare me. I will... My Rotex and myself know that what counts in this business is not the Granat we waste, the noise of our dust extractors, nor the money we make. We know that it is the sanding that counts. We will sand... My Rotex is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its abrasive options and its dual sanding modes. I will ever guard it against the ravages of my employees and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my Rotex clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will... Before God, I swear this creed. My Rotex and myself are the defenders of my business. We are the masters of our competition. We are the saviors of my livelihood. So be it, until victory is mine and there is no competition, but profits!
Redux is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redux For This Useful Post:
PPD (11-28-2019), RH (11-27-2019)
Old 11-27-2019, 04:25 PM   #15
RH

Rewards Points: 6,570
Thanked 15,500 Times in 8,156 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy Redux View Post
This is my Rotex. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Rotex is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Rotex without me, is useless. Without my Rotex, I am useless. I must sand with my Rotex true. I must sand faster than my competition who is trying to outsand me. I must out prepare him before he out prepare me. I will... My Rotex and myself know that what counts in this business is not the Granat we waste, the noise of our dust extractors, nor the money we make. We know that it is the sanding that counts. We will sand... My Rotex is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its abrasive options and its dual sanding modes. I will ever guard it against the ravages of my employees and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my Rotex clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will... Before God, I swear this creed. My Rotex and myself are the defenders of my business. We are the masters of our competition. We are the saviors of my livelihood. So be it, until victory is mine and there is no competition, but profits!
Thanks, I felt a little weird using “man-crush” and Festool in the same sentence. You just made me feel fine about it.
vwbowman, PPD and Redux like this.

Bill Watterson
RH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:39 PM   #16

Alchemy, I can just picture you doing this with your Rotex!
PPD and Redux like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lightningboy65 For This Useful Post:
PPD (11-28-2019)
Old 11-28-2019, 10:12 AM   #17

Rewards Points: 199
View PNW Painter's Photo Album My Photos
Default New Festool Extractor

For those of you thinking about a Festool extractor you should check out this Flex extractor. Similar specs and quality to the Festool, but on sal for Black Friday at $250-$300 at some online retailers.

Here a good review of the extractor along with link to some website where it’s on sale.

https://toolguyd.com/flex-hepa-dust-vac-review-112019/

At roughly half the price of the Festool Midi I’d purchase one if i was thinking about getting a new extractor.

PNW Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PNW Painter For This Useful Post:
Redux (11-28-2019)
Old 11-28-2019, 08:37 PM   #18
PPD
Girl Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy Redux View Post

Rotex 150 or 125...that is the question?!

I will be buying one & becoming one with it ...just counting down the days till we’re back from Hawaii on the 12th & I can make my way to TH&H to purchase, love, and sleep with the pretty next to the bed so I’m never not touching it!

San Diego, CA
Old 11-28-2019, 08:37 PM   #19
PPD
Girl Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningboy65 View Post
Rifleman's Creed - YouTube

Alchemy, I can just picture you doing this with your Rotex!

Bahahah spot on! This whole thing was awesome

San Diego, CA
Old 11-28-2019, 08:38 PM   #20
PPD
Girl Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH View Post
Thanks, I felt a little weird using “man-crush” and Festool in the same sentence. You just made me feel fine about it.

Never feel weird about having a man-crush..it makes u more manly!

San Diego, CA
The Following User Says Thank You to PPD For This Useful Post:
RH (11-28-2019)

Tags
None