Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Oil Porch & Deck

8K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  ReNt A PaInTeR 
#1 ·
I just wanted to ask you guys if anyone knows of an oil base porch & deck enamel thats still being made. Benjamin Moore and PPG don't make one anymore, and the 19 year old girl at my local SW isn't sure. (And I really don't trust her advise anyway)

I have some exterior wood stairs to repaint, and for various reasons it's just not practical to switch her over to a water base system at this time. Small job, and I could be in and out in two hours if I don't have to convert her over.

#5 ·
I just wanted to ask you guys if anyone knows of an oil base porch & deck enamel thats still being made. Benjamin Moore and PPG don't make one anymore, and the 19 year old girl at my local SW isn't sure. (And I really don't trust her advise anyway)

I have some exterior wood stairs to repaint, and for various reasons it's just not practical to switch her over to a water base system at this time. Small job, and I could be in and out in two hours if I don't have to convert her over.
Come on Paul give me a call next time! I'm sorry about the teenager you encountered btw. There is not a voc compliant oil based coating that we market as porch and floor enamel alkyd coating but I know many contractors that swear by Pro Industrial Urethane Alkyd Enamel to serve this function. We do not warranty or advise to use it as such though. You do have the fall back of this product having a long dry time because of it's high solids nature.

m.sherwin-williams.com/mt/www.sherwin-williams.com/home-builders/products/catalog/pro-industrial-urethane-alkyd-enamel/

#6 ·
Thanks! I've actually been wanting to give SW a shot. The new store in Niles is really close to me, and the manager Marcin has really been courting my business. Between him and Doug Lychek my plan is to try a few products this year. I'll actually be using Macropoxy in a few weeks and am looking forward to it.

As a side note: do you stock the Pro Industrial Urethane Alkyd? I'd be needing a match in a medium base.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.