Old Masters "Master Armor" poly - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EveryDay

Old 04-02-2019, 04:13 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 5,194
View Woodco's Photo Album My Photos
Default Old Masters "Master Armor" poly

Saw this today. Apparently its pretty new, and supposedly really good s**t.

It has an optional hardner you can mix in, but its not like a catalyst. YOu have 72 hours to use the mix, or you'll merely have to mix in more hardener. You dont need to throw it out.

Anyone used this stuff yet? Sounds pretty good. I hardly ever need it these days, and I still got quite a bit of Defthane left, so I wont be buying any anytime soon. https://myoldmasters.com/product/masters-armor/
Woodco is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2019, 04:24 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 34
View Gymschu's Photo Album My Photos

Would like to try it. Doubt my local hardware store will stock it so I'd have to special order it. I sure like Old Masters.
Gymschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 03:35 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 122
View KooLayed369's Photo Album My Photos

Masters Armor is a really good product. Water based and cures rock hard. It is floor grade for interior use. It came from Master Armors parent companies automotive coatings department and was used to coat tractors and such for a while. The optional hardener makes it hard as a rock. They just relabeled it with a friendly name and sell it as a poly substitute now. It has been available for a while, at least over a year. Ive had it for that long.

Old Masters is currently trying to do the same thing with a "nano-technology" stain that supposedly dries in no time and has the best color. I dont remember all the fu-fu my rep was selling me, but it sounded impressive. Not sure how far out that one is though.
KooLayed369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2019, 10:30 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 314
View EveryDay's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodco View Post

It has an optional hardner you can mix in, but its not like a catalyst. YOu have 72 hours to use the mix, or you'll merely have to mix in more hardener. You dont need to throw it out.

Anyone used this stuff yet? Sounds pretty good. I hardly ever need it these days, and I still got quite a bit of Defthane left, so I wont be buying any anytime soon. https://myoldmasters.com/product/masters-armor/
Thanks for sharing Woodco , sounds like a fantastic product.

TECHNICAL DATA SHEET.
https://myoldmasters.com/wp-content/...-Tech-Data.pdf
EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:53 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,518
View cocomonkeynuts's Photo Album My Photos

Most independent dealers will be able to order this product. I tried some for a while but everyone here prefers stays clear.
cocomonkeynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonkeynuts View Post
Most independent dealers will be able to order this product. I tried some for a while but everyone here prefers stays clear.
Any feedback why?
Woodco likes this.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodco View Post

I'm actually so intrigued by this product that I'm going to buy a quart of it and test on a couple of pieces of 1/4" plywood that I use as a work bench suspended on two plastic horse stands from H-D.
4'x8' (1/4" thick) plywood was ripped in half and was reduced to 6' long pieces and when placed on a pair of Husky saw horses it serves as a work bench for my tools at customers place.
Vey light and very easy to transport,(don't need it every day).

I need to clear coated that plywood to make it smooth so this is going to be my product to do it with.
I'm sure it's going to be a massive overkill but it will give me a chance to work with it before I use it in customers place.
My main concern is fast drying 'thing' -sometimes it's not a welcomed property for brush/roller application.
I will put two coats on it, (overnight drying between coats) to see how it behaves.
I'm sucker to try new products or tools.
Attached Thumbnails
Old Masters "Master Armor" poly-husky-saw-horses-.jpg  

Tags
None