Painters advantage? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 11-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 250
View salestrainer's Photo Album My Photos
Default Painters advantage?

Been checking out SW painters advantage services. Has anyone used SW estimate forms that they pre-print with your company info? They are $39 for 100. Would prefer to give client estimate while on-site (easier to close deal in person while with client than following up by phone or e-mail, IMO). That being said, would like to be able to print computer generated estimate( look more professional), however would have to leave client's home to do that, follow up later. Anyone have any advice on this?
salestrainer is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000
Thanked 1,136 Times in 611 Posts
View y.painting's Photo Album My Photos

We have a prefab form and simply write in stuff on site. Some on here carry a printer/laptop setup in the rig so that you can print on site. Either way, you don't have to make two trips.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #3

Thanks, I now realize I should have put this in the sales and marketing discussion,lol! Sorry bout that guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,658
Thanked 6,792 Times in 4,040 Posts
View ewingpainting.net's Photo Album My Photos

I hate having vendor logos on my stuff. Gives the appearance that you are going to use that vendor or your in bed with them. Its best to design your own and have 2 ply carbon copies.
ewingpainting.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
Save 2nd base!

Rewards Points: 14,610
Thanked 4,374 Times in 1,909 Posts
View ProWallGuy's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by salestrainer View Post
would like to be able to print computer generated estimate( look more professional), however would have to leave client's home to do that, follow up later. Anyone have any advice on this?
You can do this onsite. I use a mobile office setup. Have a laptop and small printer sitting in the truck. I print out their proposal while they are inside looking at my portfolio.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ProWallGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,658
Thanked 6,792 Times in 4,040 Posts
View ewingpainting.net's Photo Album My Photos

PWG
What printer do you use?
ewingpainting.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #7
Save 2nd base!

Rewards Points: 14,610
Thanked 4,374 Times in 1,909 Posts
View ProWallGuy's Photo Album My Photos

I use an HP 450wbt. Comes with battery power and bluetooth connectivity to the pc.

ProWallGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ProWallGuy For This Useful Post:
ewingpainting.net (11-27-2009)
Old 11-26-2009, 09:24 PM   #8

That is sweet!
Old 11-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #9
OBP

Rewards Points: 25
View Outback Painting's Photo Album My Photos

How much more likely are you to close a deal by giving them an estimate immediately as opposed to email them? I find most customers expect to have the estimate emailed to them.
Outback Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:58 AM   #10

View capitalcity painting's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Painting View Post
How much more likely are you to close a deal by giving them an estimate immediately as opposed to email them? I find most customers expect to have the estimate emailed to them.
I feel you are much more likely to close the deal while on site. I use to use carbon copies that I would write up on the spot. I got a HPwbt470 printer to use in my van but do not have it all set up yet and now go home and email estimates. I think I was closing better before even though I come across more professional now without the chicken scratch. You can get a better read for what people want to do while you are there. If you email alot of times they just dont reply. When your face to face they may say well what if I take off this bathroom or thats a good price how much to add the kitchen. Ive had alot of them say well so and so is this much cheaper, that opens the door to sell yourself or tell them you use the best products and so and so is using something for half the cost hence the difference.
capitalcity painting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to capitalcity painting For This Useful Post:
bikerboy (11-27-2009)
Old 11-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #11

Rewards Points: 2,030
Thanked 4,211 Times in 2,057 Posts
View aaron61's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWallGuy View Post
You can do this onsite. I use a mobile office setup. Have a laptop and small printer sitting in the truck. I print out their proposal while they are inside looking at my portfolio.
DITTO

aaron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #12
Paint to fish

Rewards Points: 18
Thanked 5,148 Times in 2,803 Posts
View DeanV's Photo Album My Photos

Any problems with ink freezing in the printer during the winter months?
DeanV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #13

Rewards Points: 2,030
Thanked 4,211 Times in 2,057 Posts
View aaron61's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanV View Post
Any problems with ink freezing in the printer during the winter months?
Not for me!!!

aaron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:14 AM   #14

Capital City, you are correct! Yes, always easier to close a deal face to face than e-mail or on the phone. Have spent years in the trenches selling cars and running a dealership, there is a reason why many dealers still will not give prices on the phone or by e-mail(mine does by the way) ....they know no matter how low the price is, the deal is unlikely to close if you are not face to face. To folks who have never been in a pure sales enviroment this may not make sense, but communication is more about body language and many other subtleties that don't work across phone or computer lines. Many times we will have clients who communicate via e-mail with our dealership to buy a car, they will many times be rude and very demanding via e-mail, but when they visit dealership be completely different. Tougher to reject someone in person, easy via e-mail.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:38 AM   #15

Rewards Points: 1,000
Thanked 1,136 Times in 611 Posts
View y.painting's Photo Album My Photos

We have never emailed or snail mailed a single estimate to homeowners. We do routinely fax/email them to contractors for commercial jobs.

Nothing beats handing a HO an estimate face to face, ready to immediately address any questions/price objections they have on the spot and closing the deal while still there. This simply is not possible over email - you cannot "ask for the sale."
Old 11-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #16

Rewards Points: 428
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,184 Posts
View WisePainter's Photo Album My Photos

I like to offer my bid before I leave residential clients.
I have done it both ways and both are equal as far as percentages.
WisePainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #17

View capitalcity painting's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.painting View Post
We have never emailed or snail mailed a single estimate to homeowners. We do routinely fax/email them to contractors for commercial jobs.

Nothing beats handing a HO an estimate face to face, ready to immediately address any questions/price objections they have on the spot and closing the deal while still there. This simply is not possible over email - you cannot "ask for the sale."

This is exactly what I was saying, but for me it is easier to follow up with an email then it is to call if there was no response. I dont know why but I feel its much more passive to email "hey making out the schedule for the next month and was wandering if you made a decision or if you have any questions" then to call with the same question( just seems like begging for work to call for some reason).
capitalcity painting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #18

Rewards Points: 266
View tntpainting's Photo Album My Photos

Bothways willwork but I always try to give the estimate before I leave like whoever said you can kinda tell which way there thinking if they are right infront of you ,but I also have had to email perspective custumers too because of what was involved in the job I wanted to be careful as to not take a bath on it if they accept
tntpainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:32 PM   #19

Rewards Points: 266
View tntpainting's Photo Album My Photos

also i find that people who seem to try to rush you into giving them a price if there serious about hiring you they will be cool with waiting for a email or whatever makes you look like a very thorough profesional and can appreciate that .if not oh well then they will hire the wrong painter because chances are they will get a lowballin hack to slop it on
tntpainting is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None