Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

pollen

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  daArch 
#1 ·
here in Mass (and I am sure many other places) the pine pollen is THICK this week.

Waves and clouds wafting through the air. All vehicles are yellow as are decks and driveways.

What do you guys do about wet paint when a pollen storm blows through, or you just pressure washed a surface to have it yellow within 24 hours?

See less See more
#2 ·
Crap, that doesn't look like much fun at all! Never seen pollen that thick.

I postponed a little deck staining job last week because it was breezy and the job was close to a bunch of cottonwood trees...little fluffy puffs of cottonwood spores floating everywhere. Got it done yesterday.

What would I have done if they'd let loose unexpectedly and landed on my freshly-done surface...weep and rend my vestments? Curse a whole lot? Probably the latter.

#5 ·
that pic I posted is off the net, but is is a darn good representation of what we are going through this year.

I do not have allergies, but I woke up with a severe sinus headache. I wore a cheap particle mask most of the day and felt better.

I do not remember it this bad.

#10 ·
So again, I ask the question.

What do you all do about it? Does it have any ill effects when it lands on wet paint or a newly washed surface?

Do you ignore it and keep painting and power washing? Or do you do something to negate any ill affects?

#11 ·
The WW has awful allergies. I'm trying to vacuum every day. The pool has a yellow "carpet" on it every morning before I turn the filter on. I'd like to revarnish my wallpaper table in this beautiful dry weather, but not with this shyt permeating everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.