Porch.com - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 07-01-2015, 02:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 50
View paintingwithaflair's Photo Album My Photos
Post Porch.com

Has anyone else been dealing with Porch? I have tried for the last year and a half to work with them, only to continuously be disappointed. It was first, the pictures/albums they couldn't get right, and still can't. Now, with their latest, they think that they can add a "featured pro" on your profile, which DOES take money from your pocket. I am very disappointed with this company, because they have decided they need to make money off of me, and I get 1 thing in return...a free profile that this company cannot keep running correctly. Or, when you call into their concierge service, if it is 8 am in Louisiana, you cannot reach their concierge service. It appears that Lowe's is pulling down their signage throughout their stores, also. I went online under Porch to see my profile, and low and behold, they have me doing work in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania...I live and work in Louisiana only. I have never worked up north. This is something that Porch put up! They have no quality control. They do not mind making you look incompetent to potential customers. So, I would beware of putting any of my stuff on their site.
paintingwithaflair is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2015, 02:47 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 5,126
Thanked 4,509 Times in 2,486 Posts
View Wildbill7145's Photo Album My Photos

There's a few threads on here basically mirroring your experience with them.

Do a search for "Porch.com" and the threads will come up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wildbill7145 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wildbill7145 For This Useful Post:
paintingwithaflair (07-03-2015)
Old 07-01-2015, 04:02 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 72
Thanked 4,706 Times in 3,174 Posts
View PACman's Photo Album My Photos

Those people should have never left their porch, let alone tried to do what they are trying to so. Another internet marketing scam targeting the instant gratification crowd. "look what I can do! Hire a GREAT contractor just like that!" BS!

"I'll have a double scotch with a twist of bourbon" Rodney Dangerfield
PACman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PACman For This Useful Post:
paintingwithaflair (07-03-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2015, 05:24 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 50
View paintingwithaflair's Photo Album My Photos

We all work hard for our reputations and when porch decided to put a feature pro on my profile with a D+ BBB rating, they did not do what they said they were going to do by checking out the work history and projects, so this was another lie that was perpetuated by one of their top representatives. This particular "wanna-be" painter shows up on one of my job sites to ask me how to do things, but here Porch brags about this individual. All these so-called, professional search sites tell consumers that there is no charge...if I was to buy leads, I would charge it back to the customer, and that is being straight forward and honest. We, tradespeople, are having to change the way we do business in order to compete with these so-called sites. I, for one, am calling them out! Nothing, but nothing is free in life.
paintingwithaflair is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paintingwithaflair For This Useful Post:
DrakeB (07-02-2015), PACman (07-01-2015)
Old 07-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #5
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Garrett wrote a pretty good article on getting leads here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:05 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 72
Thanked 4,706 Times in 3,174 Posts
View PACman's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintingwithaflair View Post
We all work hard for our reputations and when porch decided to put a feature pro on my profile with a D+ BBB rating, they did not do what they said they were going to do by checking out the work history and projects, so this was another lie that was perpetuated by one of their top representatives. This particular "wanna-be" painter shows up on one of my job sites to ask me how to do things, but here Porch brags about this individual. All these so-called, professional search sites tell consumers that there is no charge...if I was to buy leads, I would charge it back to the customer, and that is being straight forward and honest. We, tradespeople, are having to change the way we do business in order to compete with these so-called sites. I, for one, am calling them out! Nothing, but nothing is free in life.
Call them out! I'm with you all the way. I have had to help way too many home owners fix hack jobs because of these sites!

"I'll have a double scotch with a twist of bourbon" Rodney Dangerfield
PACman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PACman For This Useful Post:
paintingwithaflair (07-02-2015)
Old 07-02-2015, 01:26 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 1,094
View GR8painter's Photo Album My Photos

I knew porch would take a dive soon. They started out being a research tool for real estate, then they thought they would use that info. To branch out to a referral review site. Nothing wrong with that, but you either do it the right way, or you fall quickly, especially with contractors.
so far, out of all the review sites, there's still only one I put my name on, it does extremely well, the rest, well its kinda like Coke and Pepsi,..I'm with Coke.
GR8painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:14 AM   #8
very senior member

Thanked 5,521 Times in 3,389 Posts
View chrisn's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8painter View Post
I knew porch would take a dive soon. They started out being a research tool for real estate, then they thought they would use that info. To branch out to a referral review site. Nothing wrong with that, but you either do it the right way, or you fall quickly, especially with contractors.
so far, out of all the review sites, there's still only one I put my name on, it does extremely well, the rest, well its kinda like Coke and Pepsi,..I'm with Coke.
I'll take Pepsi any day

http://www.dividend.com/how-to-inves...epsico-ko-pep/
Old 07-02-2015, 07:19 AM   #9

Rewards Points: 1,094
View GR8painter's Photo Album My Photos

I had you down for dr.pecke,r I mean dr. pepper.
GR8painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:07 PM   #10
Painting Contractor

Rewards Points: 7,038
Thanked 2,726 Times in 1,599 Posts
View Damon T's Photo Album My Photos

Yeah they keep bugging me I keep deleting their messages.
Damon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:31 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 250
View Epoxy Pro's Photo Album My Photos

We were getting 5 or more leads a week from them. The lest 25 have been out of our area so we passed. If this keeps up I will call them, if it can't be fixed bye bye Porch.

We only charge our Porch customers a fee from our monthly bill as well as any other fees Porch adds.

We didn't land all the jobs but enough to stick with it and it pays for its self.
Epoxy Pro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None