Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum

Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum (https://www.painttalk.com/)
-   General Painting Discussion (https://www.painttalk.com/f2/)
-   -   Pricing on angies list (https://www.painttalk.com/f2/pricing-angies-list-22351/)

rjsabajr 02-01-2013 08:58 AM

Pricing on angies list
 
I talked to sales rep today from Angie's list, I was taken back on the price 14,800.00 per year the rep said that after I signed up with them and didn't feel it was working like I thought then they could do me a favor and cancel my contract if I paid them 35% fee of the left over contract.
What a deal lol

Paradigmzz 02-01-2013 09:04 AM

A few times a month I get the email from angies list saying they are goingto give me their best deal evar. 40% off. Stupid sales tactics, if it was their best deal ever, then why is it the same as it was a year ago for me?

What comes with 14 k?

rjsabajr 02-01-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradigmzz
A few times a month I get the email from angies list saying they are goingto give me their best deal evar. 40% off. Stupid sales tactics, if it was their best deal ever, then why is it the same as it was a year ago for me?

What comes with 14 k?

I would be positioned in the top 4 for painting contractors interior exterior

Paradigmzz 02-01-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjsabajr (Post 374557)
I would be positioned in the top 4 for painting contractors interior exterior

Which is funny because (no offence) I was under the impression that Angies list was about finding the best contractors for naive clientel. Just because a contractor pays up doesnt makr them good.

rjsabajr 02-01-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradigmzz

Which is funny because (no offence) I was under the impression that Angies list was about finding the best contractors for naive clientel. Just because a contractor pays up doesnt makr them good.

I agree

Greg Mrakich 02-01-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjsabajr (Post 374557)
I would be positioned in the top 4 for painting contractors interior exterior

Just get lots of reports. I show up in the first 15 top painters because 99% of people want to read reports.

Dave Mac 02-01-2013 11:04 AM

I use to pay 380 a month and was guaranteed a spot on the first page of no more then 13 contractors, when I didn't renew they hounded me like a dog, so sometimes I jut like talking on the phone and would take their calls I got them to cut that price to something like 280 but I still not gonna do it.

Seems UN ethical when their TV add comes up and says you cant pay to be on Angie's list LOL what a load of crap, but technically you have to be on angie list first before you have the privilege to pay to be on the front page listing

I agree with what Greg says the guy with the most reports gets the calls

Custom Brush Co. 02-01-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Mac (Post 374584)

I agree with what Greg says the guy with the most reports gets the calls

I agree that most reports get's most calls. I am at the top...

Delta Painting 02-01-2013 11:32 AM

Pay to play.. What a scam... The BBB will remove negative comments if you pay a fee so your business can retain it's AAA rating...

aaron61 02-01-2013 11:34 AM

It's a dirty game

PressurePros 02-01-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron61 (Post 374590)
It's a dirty game

It really is. I have a choice to not to do business with anyone but with review sites such as Angie's List becoming bigger and more dominant, you almost have to play. My biggest resentment is probably the same as everyone else's. You have to check your morals at the door if you want to be dealt in. I rationalize it that I don't pay for anything but I am a business person. If paying Angie's List $15K meant $60K more in gross profit, I would do it.

Delta Painting 02-01-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PressurePros (Post 374598)
It really is. I have a choice to not to do business with anyone but with review sites such as Angie's List becoming bigger and more dominant, you almost have to play. My biggest resentment is probably the same as everyone else's. You have to check your morals at the door if you want to be dealt in. I rationalize it that I don't pay for anything but I am a business person. If paying Angie's List $15K meant $60K more in gross profit, I would do it.

PP I see what you are saying but that dose not make the contractor a good one.

The way I see it is we as contractors need to come up with a better solution than to just play along..

richmondpainting 02-01-2013 01:34 PM

I signed up last month $316/month its starts march 1st.. will see how it goes... I was subbing for a guy whos has the most reviews in my market... a lot of the jobs i did for him have reviews on there for my crew... i figured if it worked for him it should for me... now i just gotta get my reviews up now before i start...

PressurePros 02-01-2013 01:40 PM

Delta, to me a good contractor is one that is honest and making money. In theory, Angie's List should be conducive to both of those goals. If you are dishonest or cut corners, your reviews will tell the story. If your reviews are good and you are priced properly, the exposure of Angie's List makes you more money.

I have called a few Angie's List contractors and been very disappointed. My criteria for a good service may have been different than the next guy that gives the company top rating. Since everybody's perception of a "good contractor" is different, the term becomes meaningless. What I like about Angie's List is you can pull the information you want from each review. If a guy gets all A's on service and everybody raves about great communication, and him being neat and fast.. I don't care as much that he gets a C in pricing for being higher.

alan 02-01-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjsabajr (Post 374553)
I talked to sales rep today from Angie's list, I was taken back on the price 14,800.00 per year the rep said that after I signed up with them and didn't feel it was working like I thought then they could do me a favor and cancel my contract if I paid them 35% fee of the left over contract.
What a deal lol

angies list is a scam! they are publicly traded on the stock market.
they have share holder interest at heart,not your business. heck all they care about is $$$$. pos capitalistic half ass ponzi biz. even members are suckers
over 14,000 lol for that $$ I can get radio and bill boards.
angies list is used by paranoid scum and anal retentive o.c.d types. imho :thumbup: have a good week end.... sorry I just quit smoking

Dave Mac 02-01-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richmondpainting (Post 374608)
I signed up last month $316/month its starts march 1st.. will see how it goes... I was subbing for a guy who's has the most reviews in my market... a lot of the jobs i did for him have reviews on there for my crew... i figured if it worked for him it should for me... now i just gotta get my reviews up now before i start...

RP two other things that are real good, is to get your super service award asp and have the symbol on your banner, also the big deal can be very helpful as long as you have one that is beneficial to you as well as th customer and not just the customer, the guy who put windows in my house swears by it,

If you don't mind me asking what was your deal for subbing percentage split???

thanks
Dave

richmondpainting 02-01-2013 07:17 PM

i have not done the big deal yet.. i was waiting for interior reviews to come in but they want 30% which sucks...but im slow and were going to run it the third week in February.. so my reviews will be up when i start the paid advertising....Ohhh and believe me im getting a super service award..lol...one way or another haha

Ole34 02-01-2013 08:28 PM

Lol truth hurts

sendit6 02-02-2013 12:02 AM

You have to view AL in this light.....people who are members definitely have the money to have work done. Since they are in fact members, by advertising to them you have a captive audience. With funds to spend.

That's your perfect target market.

We do 7 months in the exterior section and 5 in the interior. Around $450 per month. 75% of our business is from members. Definitely worth it.

richmondpainting 02-02-2013 12:54 AM

I some what agree...like i said i havent started my advertisement with them yet... but if you want a super service award..you want the calls...you want the work.... go get it on angies list... the customers are there.... you just have to do what you have to do..all things set aside... were in businiess so lets get it.....


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.