Promar Blending - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 05-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75
View MJpainter's Photo Album My Photos
Default Promar Blending

I have a cutomer that wants me to blend two of his walls in with the same color. The Paint is Promar and it is left over paint from the last painter. He has two walls that have damage on only one end of them. They are long walls with a mirror in the middle of them. It is no doubt extra money to have the entire wall painted and he wants to avoid that. So I am wondering if there is a trick with blending promar, which has an eggshell sheen, color is grey, and the paint on the walls have been there for a good two years.
MJpainter is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
Renegade Mod

Rewards Points: 182
Thanked 8,654 Times in 4,039 Posts
View Wolfgang's Photo Album My Photos

Have fun! Seriously I've had decent luck stippling the edge of the repairs using the end bristles of the brush....which is why they call it stippling. As long as the HO knows there probably will be evidence of a touch up and agrees to it, give it a shot. Another reason to spell it out on the contract and CYA.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
wje

Rewards Points: 1,048
Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,228 Posts
View wje's Photo Album My Photos

First off, I would never start a job that only is getting half a wall painted... for what $10 more it can be completely painted? Anyways here is I paint if i am blending in for touchups post construction... Determine the area you are painting... paint it completely, then near all the edges of wet paint very gently roll releasiing pressure until the roller is no longer touching the wall just spinning in mid air do it so it looks like a giant cloud when you are done and the hit and missed spots all looks natural.... remember though, it is your name on it in the end so if it wont look good see if you can at least do the whole wall, if he wont do the whole room. Best of Luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wje is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2009, 12:54 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 75
View MJpainter's Photo Album My Photos

I totally agree with just painting the entire wall. The extra amount I would charge is nothing when you consider the result. It is a rather long wall and i need to be prepared to blend if that is what he wants. I have never blended before, because i usually just paint the entire wall. Thanks for the tips.
MJpainter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None