Relocating to Denver - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 07-09-2011, 03:21 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 250
View pinchegordo's Photo Album My Photos
Default Relocating to Denver

Well my wife was offered a great job in Denver and it looks like we will be moving the towards the end of the year........ anyone from the area that can tell me if there's steady work there?
pinchegordo is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #2
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

I can't recall any Denver members here, I am sure there are though. Check out this guy, he is pretty big.
http://www.facebook.com/denverpaintguy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
www.mpwdenver.com

Rewards Points: 150
View Mod Paint Works's Photo Album My Photos

Me! I'm in Dtown. There's tons of work here! We are so spread out with tons of homes in the suburbs (NC) and tons and tons of remodeling/scraping going on near the city - the old 1900's homes.
Lots of competition, too. However, enough areas to handle it. Oh, and lots of lowballers, too
The Paint Guy above is Vivax Pro Painting. They started up a few years ago and now dominate the exterior scene in many subrban neighborhoods. Irelands Finest Painting saturates the older home market right near the city.
You're moving to one of the most amazing states!!! You'll absolutely love it here!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mod Paint Works is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod Paint Works For This Useful Post:
Ole34 (07-10-2011), RCP (07-10-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 250
View pinchegordo's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod Paint Works
Me! I'm in Dtown. There's tons of work here! We are so spread out with tons of homes in the suburbs (NC) and tons and tons of remodeling/scraping going on near the city - the old 1900's homes.
Lots of competition, too. However, enough areas to handle it. Oh, and lots of lowballers, too
The Paint Guy above is Vivax Pro Painting. They started up a few years ago and now dominate the exterior scene in many subrban neighborhoods. Irelands Finest Painting saturates the older home market right near the city.
You're moving to one of the most amazing states!!! You'll absolutely love it here!
Hey man im Pete! thanks for the heads up.I'm really looking forward to getting up that way.. Very beautiful country.Maybe I'll give ya a call when I get up that way. Is there any call for elastomeric ? I'm not even planning on goin out on my own up there I'm hoping to find a good company and foreman a crew and avoid the hassle of being an upstart newb in a city I don't really know
pinchegordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
www.mpwdenver.com

Rewards Points: 150
View Mod Paint Works's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchegordo View Post
Hey man im Pete! thanks for the heads up.I'm really looking forward to getting up that way.. Very beautiful country.Maybe I'll give ya a call when I get up that way. Is there any call for elastomeric ? I'm not even planning on goin out on my own up there I'm hoping to find a good company and foreman a crew and avoid the hassle of being an upstart newb in a city I don't really know
Pete!
What's up, man. I'm a native to this city and state. I've been other places (traveling), however, this place always keeps me staying. Many who grow up here, don't leave, and those that move here, don't leave It's just a beautiful area with so much to do! Definitely give a call when you arrive.
There is a call for elastomeric here. Not a huge demand, but there's some stucco and brick flying around town. I don't think many contractors here push the benefits of elastomeric. A good and busy guy, Jim Dowd with Dowd Restoration, is pushing the elastomeric movement here. He does specialty coatings like epoxy floors, etc., both res. and commercial.
I'm more on the interior scene, however, enjoy the few exteriors I sell. I'm a small operation right now, but, like most, would love to grow! I'm more than interested in hearing suggestions and possible partnership with what I have built so far for Mod Paint Works. I've learned a lot, but have a lot to learn and hope to never stop learning. I'm positive you have much knowledge that I don't and maybe we can entertain the idea of teaming up...??
Hope the move goes well and the city welcomes you nicely

Mod Paint Works is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None