Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Rolling Clapboards Vertically

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  playedout6 
#1 ·
While driving my daughter to school this morning, I saw a painter rolling clapboards vertically (up and down). I almost wanted to stop and take a picture. I have never contemplated doing this, but it seems that even with a large nap that this might not get the best coverage.

Is this sound painting practice. Have I been working too hard using 4" brush?:confused1:

#9 ·
We have been rolling shingles for 30 years with a 9 inch 30 Millimeter pile roller . Makes an awesome job and gets 90 % of the butts on most homes . Sometimes we have a few spots that we have to hit it with a brush load to get those bare spots .

We rolled a prime coat on 1/2 of a church exterior yesterday...the church is around 150 years old . It was tricky pressure washing the 50ft steeple as it was breezy and the lift had some movement but we got it done in a couple of hours . Today it was too windy for the lift...however it was good for drying out the previous days washed areas and they will be ready for a prime coat on Monday . I'll get some pics on Monday for you guys...have a good weekend everyone .:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.