Sikkens Certification program P3 - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 06-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
Paint Store Owner

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 2,995 Times in 1,802 Posts
View NCPaint1's Photo Album My Photos
Default Sikkens Certification program P3

Is everyone here familiar with this program, and are any of you certified?

It is an absolutely free training certification provided by Sikkens. They teach you about all their products, and proper application. It is I believe a 1 day class. Once certified, you get a listing on their website and a small profile section, including photos. Potential customers can search the Sikkens site for a certified contractor in their area.

Heres the link with the full details

http://www.nam.sikkens.com/contractor/index.cfm

Contact your dealer, rep, or Sikkens directly if you are interested.

The reps will also send leads your way. They will get contacted from various clients looking for recommendations on products and contractors. They send those to their "certified contractors" of course

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by NCPaint1; 06-26-2010 at 11:47 AM..
NCPaint1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NCPaint1 For This Useful Post:
RCP (06-26-2010)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
Flog a Mocker

Rewards Points: 116
View Tonyg's Photo Album My Photos

A one day class to lean how to apply the stain?? I would be all for an online version just to use as a sales tool. If anyone around here actually knew what Wolmans was I would push the 'Wolman Certified' button more often. Sikkens on the other hand may be more recognizable but I only use it when I have too.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
Paint Store Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyg View Post
A one day class to lean how to apply the stain?? I would be all for an online version just to use as a sales tool. If anyone around here actually knew what Wolmans was I would push the 'Wolman Certified' button more often. Sikkens on the other hand may be more recognizable but I only use it when I have too.
It is an all day class. Then the rep will observe you on a job with their product, ensuring that the prep and application was done correctly. Then you will be certified. Dont jump to conclusions until you have all of the information. I was trying to keep my post short, and will answer all the questions that I have answers for

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
Born To Be Mild

Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,000 Posts
View bikerboy's Photo Album My Photos

I did it when it was a by mail and then the rep would go over it. The only thing I didn't do was the rep on the job thing. He couldn't be there when the job had to be done and I was not waiting. Understand he's got a job to do, but it's a lousy system.

Am Wolman's certified, never got a lead from that either.

bikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
Flog a Mocker

Rewards Points: 116
View Tonyg's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPaint1 View Post
It is an all day class. Then the rep will observe you on a job with their product, ensuring that the prep and application was done correctly. Then you will be certified. Dont jump to conclusions until you have all of the information. I was trying to keep my post short, and will answer all the questions that I have answers for
I didn't think I was jumping to conclusions - its a one day class to apply stain - what information don't I have? Thanks for the short post, and I am deeply grateful for the answers, but unless they are actually teaching exterior wood restoration, I would think it unnecessary for an experienced mechanic to spend a whole day with a rep to learn how to apply deck stain.

Again, if it was online I would do it.
bikerboy (06-26-2010)
Old 06-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
Paint Store Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyg View Post
I didn't think I was jumping to conclusions - its a one day class to apply stain - what information don't I have? Thanks for the short post, and I am deeply grateful for the answers, but unless they are actually teaching exterior wood restoration, I would think it unnecessary for an experienced mechanic to spend a whole day with a rep to learn how to apply deck stain.

Again, if it was online I would do it.

Most of the class is learning about the different products. There is a ton of misinformation out there about their products and accepted uses. I personally make it a point to go every other year unless a new product is introduced.

Tags
None