Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Spatter

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  PRC 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Today was a rough day, and not sure whats going on. I run a Titan advantage 400, (just recently started using it frequently) and started using the new Titan Rx-Pro. Everything was going great then paint started coming out of the side of the tip. I cleaned in, and checked to make sure it was seated all the way, the problem persisted.

With no luck I swapped out the nozzle from my other gun, again everything was going great, then it started to spatter. I made sure there was no air in the line, the paint was mixed well, and it was the new gun so the filter was still brand new.

Any advise?
Thanks everyone,
AlphaCoatings

#2 ·
Did you strain the paint? Or put a sock on the feed tube.

That's the first thing I would look at. Check the pump/gun filters might be second.

What type of paint third maybe. I think some cheaper lines are made from less finely ground ingredients. That in itself could be a factor.

The sputtering crap is no fun. Sometimes it happens for no apparent reason. Even if you think you have everything right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I've read several suggestions about covering the pick up tube with a stocking and I'm not certain that this is a good idea. Particularly for smaller orifices without a large course screen. It seems to me you would want unrestricted paint to be sucked into the piston at the proper flow rate. It doesn't take much for these hillbilly pre-filters to get mucked up with grit and garbage.

Just strain the paint like normal people. No offense Jay:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.