Sprayer and duration - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 06-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View joe2's Photo Album My Photos
Default Sprayer and duration

I am looking at applying SW Duration to james hardie siding on a couple houses with my sprayer. From what I am reading I am not sure if my lower end sprayer will be able to handle the heavier Duration product with good results. I have a spraytech apex 1620 model--it has a .o17 tip capability and a 3000 psi ability. Should I upgrade or will this sprayer handle it? Thanks
joe2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75
View b2dap1's Photo Album My Photos

Not to familiar with your sprayer but it seems like it will just cut it. It will pump it but might beat the machine up at the same time. If you have a few houses to spray maybe just get a little workhorse like a Titan 440 or 540. I think they are worth every penny!! They always have some sort of deal going for free tips or something when you but it. Nothing worse than having a sprayer go down in the middle of a job.
b2dap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #3

Thanks, I usually build new homes and remodels but in this slow market, one new home start this year in my zoning area, I am doing more painting, deck stripping, staining/sealing and upkeep work more than anything else.

I do think I am going to upgrade on the sprayer. I called my local SW and they have a Titan 440 on skid style. I have gotten used to wheels and the machine sitting over the 5 gallon bucket. What do you guys prefer the wheels over the bucket or the skid style?

I am probably in the $500 -$900 budget range for a new sprayer. I will probably spray 200-300 over 8 months a year. Any other recommendations on Mid-end sprayers appreciated?

How about this model...

http://www.amazon.com/Wagner-9195-Airless-Stroke-Sprayer/dp/B003BUWVMG/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1308348460&sr=8-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 75
View b2dap1's Photo Album My Photos

alot of this is opinion. I would say it boils down to graco or titan. SW has good relations with both companies. That is the key...acsess to a rep. I belive that the titan 440 is a great little workhorse. I also have a Graco 1095 for big jobs where I need lots of line. That little 440 will not let you down! Repair parts are readily available and SW will service it for you if you are not the hands on type. As long as you are a clean freak and not shy with the throat seal you will have it for a long time!
b2dap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,000
View JNLP's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe2 View Post
I do think I am going to upgrade on the sprayer. I called my local SW and they have a Titan 440 on skid style. I have gotten used to wheels and the machine sitting over the 5 gallon bucket. What do you guys prefer the wheels over the bucket or the skid style?
I like both. Having wheels is nice on some jobs, but I have to haul my sprayer through to many tight fudged up places on some jobs that it works out better not having them. Same with storing/hauling it. I have a 395 and so far have done 18 new construction houses, an amphiteatre, night club, restaurant, and 4-5 residential jobs with it & it's still running like new. Great little sprayer for $800 something.
Different Strokes (07-16-2011)
Old 07-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #6

thanks for the suggestions. I bought the titan 440 on skids. Have sprayed about 40 gallons with over the last few weeks and it kicks ass. Dig being able to stick 200 feet of hose on it and leave it in one place to spray.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Thanks for the update, glad to it is working out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None