Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

strange home owner

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  RH 
#1 ·
had an ho who i ve painted her exterior bunch of inside work happy as hell...she s an older retired lady real nice,she wants to refinish the deck,give her good price,she wants a maintenance coat deck is in good shape,i clean it with chemicals,wood conditioner and brightner power wash clean it up real nice,next day she says its still dirty,i know its not,i let it dry out go and check it out its clean ready for a sanding and finish but to please her i wash it again after explain the proses and she is happy as hell,yeah its cleaner i m happy k,lets let it dry out then will finish it,two days later call in the morning she thinks the deck needs to be cleaned again :eek:

#3 ·
yeah we already went through all that twice,waste of breath,thinking she might be sipping on some juice or something,pain in the a--,told her i d wash it as many times as she wants but this is what it gonna be for add on since we had a complete walk over the second time and agreement it was clean just so this wouldnt happen again,but here we are,what da do,she s willing to pay more to get it cleaned again,and its clean,i scrubbed cleaner the second time all around washed it,then did a real nice rinse,oh well just thought i d through it out there in case everyone else is getting away with out THOSE ONCE IN AWHILE SPEACIAL HO S U NEVER FORGET

#8 ·
Point her to h o m e d e p o t classes and cut her loose. Obviousely through the many years of her cleaning experience she knows best. I mean she probably only hired you because she is too busy to do it herself or otherwise she would have done it herself right? Actually, tell her you want to hire her to save your deck cleaning side of the business. :jester:

#6 ·
Is she an elderly lady who may be losing it a bit? If not, time to assert yourself as the pro. Ask her to point out where it's still "dirty" and explain what it is she's seeing and why it won't come off (perhaps she's seeing staining or something else that's going to remain no matter what). Explain that to do more "cleaning" is just taking her money and that she needs to trust you and let you finish the job as outlined. Usually, when you start to talk about extra cost with no return value, it sinks in. Sometimes people expect the finished job to have the same look as a brand new one and although you can do an excellent job of refinishing, there are limits.

#9 ·
Tom from ACR told me what he has done in the past when this happens. He has had homeowners who were breathing down his neck and he puts down his wand, starts to pack it up. they ask what he is doing and he says to them that it is obvious they do not need his help and can do it theirself. No disrespect, but people have to know time is money when your already cleaning the project.

#10 ·
yeah we already went through all that twice,waste of breath,thinking she might be sipping on some juice or something,pain in the a--,told her i d wash it as many times as she wants but this is what it gonna be for add on since we had a complete walk over the second time and agreement it was clean just so this wouldnt happen again,but here we are,what da do,she s willing to pay more to get it cleaned again,and its clean,i scrubbed cleaner the second time all around washed it,then did a real nice rinse,oh well just thought i d through it out there in case everyone else is getting away with out THOSE ONCE IN AWHILE SPEACIAL HO S U NEVER FORGET

Please use paragraphs :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.