SW Superpaint - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 05-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 500
View Builtmany's Photo Album My Photos
Default SW Superpaint

Does anyone use it for interior work and why? Pros & Cons please. I just used it in satin for walls in a sage green color. It's not one of my favorites & we will leave it at that for now. I definitely prefer cashmere for the same money.
Builtmany is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
Painting for dummies

Rewards Points: 75
View i, painter's Photo Album My Photos

I prefer SuperPaint over Cashmere. I think it brushes nice and covers well without as many issues with colorant surfacing. Spatters more than I like but it touches up better than Cashmere. (IMO) Not sure what your price per gallon is but I pay between $5-$7 less for SuperPaint.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #3

View One Coat Coverage's Photo Album My Photos

I only use interior superpaint for trim. I prefer Promar 200 for walls and CHB for ceilings. Promar rolls much nicer than superpaint.
One Coat Coverage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to One Coat Coverage For This Useful Post:
aaron61 (05-05-2010), [email protected] (05-06-2010), Wolfgang (05-06-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,030
Thanked 4,211 Times in 2,057 Posts
View aaron61's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Coat Coverage View Post
I only use interior superpaint for trim. I prefer Promar 200 for walls and CHB for ceilings. Promar rolls much nicer than superpaint.
Same here although we haven't used the CHB on ceilings....usually Master Hide

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

aaron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
Born To Be Mild

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,000 Posts
View bikerboy's Photo Album My Photos

Super Paint is their best covering paint, and we used it for years. The latest formulation is not so "Super" and the last couple of price increases are starting to reduce the value. Still like it for exterior, but like promar 200 low sheen for walls and Master Hide for ceilings when doing interiors.

bikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
Painting for dummies

View i, painter's Photo Album My Photos

I've had to strain the majority of 200 that I've used. At least it's better than 400.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #7

View Boden Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron61 View Post
Same here although we haven't used the CHB on ceilings....usually Master Hide
ditto
Boden Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 250
View Rick the painter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboy View Post
Super Paint is their best covering paint, and we used it for years. The latest formulation is not so "Super" and the last couple of price increases are starting to reduce the value. Still like it for exterior, but like promar 200 low sheen for walls and Master Hide for ceilings when doing interiors.
The latest BM Aquavelvet seems similar to the SW pro mar 200. I think BM might be better with washability,and color selection.What ya think Biker?
Rick the painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:41 PM   #9

View Builtmany's Photo Album My Photos

Crazy HO requested a "Satin" finish so I had to make sure I bought "Satin" and a label that said so. My choices unfortunately were Classic 99 or Superpaint. Duration would have been overpriced so I ruled that out. I would have liked to use the 200 but when she saw EgShell she would have flipped. Too much to risk when she says its all wrong.
Builtmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:53 AM   #10

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

I have only used the interior super paint for trim as well.
I also have used the exterior as well for doors and what not.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:02 AM   #11

Thanked 1,031 Times in 753 Posts
View johnpaint's Photo Album My Photos

I like the exterior not so much the the interior.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
johnpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:39 AM   #12

Rewards Points: 1,056
View Jason@API's Photo Album My Photos

I haven't used SP for interiors... well.. maybe a couple times...

I usually use ProMar 400 or Contractors Satin (the upgrade from 400). I have used ProGreen 200 and like that too.

Duration Home is overpriced. You can't single coat an interior like you can with the Duration Exterior....

Oh yeah... forgot to mention: Only ProClassic for trim, doors and windows.

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-06-2010 at 02:59 AM..
Jason@API is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:19 AM   #13

Rewards Points: 152
View mblosik's Photo Album My Photos

love superpaint for exterior only....
for interior, 400 flat for ceilings-deadest flat i have seen....no lappers.
always two-coat walls with duration home matte or satin.
superpaint interior for me is ok....but i'd rather use 200 eg-shel or pro-green or een harmony for lighter colors.
if it isa large wall, i prime with bullseye 123, and then two topcoats of progreen eg, 400 flat, or duration satin or matte.
cashmere has never touched up well for me.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:41 AM   #14

View nEighter's Photo Album My Photos

Never used superpaint but Cashmere is pretty darn good. Used it plenty and really for the money I like it better than duration. Much thicker, and IMO better/easier to use than duration. And the look/quality is really nice.

nEighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:05 AM   #15

Rewards Points: 250
View capitalcity painting's Photo Album My Photos

Duration is the best for us, goes on real smooth. The guy we hired a month or so ago used it for the first time with us and said it practically paints itself. If you cant get a good line and fast with Duration then you cant paint. But I have started using Super Paint when possible because of the price cause I feel it hides as good as Duration and is almost as user friendly. Cashmere drags to much for me and last time we used it seemed like it slung quit a bit. They are identical in price here.
capitalcity painting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #16
Renegade Mod

Rewards Points: 152
Thanked 8,646 Times in 4,035 Posts
View Wolfgang's Photo Album My Photos

Rarely use SP for interiors, switched to Cashmere a few years ago. Never had any problems with Cashmere as some are relating here. CHB for textured ceilings and older smooth ceilings, 400 for most smooth ceilings.

I dont mean to infer from this that other mfg's products arent any better; I just swiched to using most SW products for ease of billing, and store locations.

Tags
None