Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

tip size for spraying dryfall?

32K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  SprayerMiken125 
#1 ·
I've got the size of the spray rig for dryfall a 695 but I am curious wat about tip size? And the psi? And I know dryfall eats tips up but the higher the psi the faster a tip wears out? Most of the time its usally 3-500 gallons a job. If any one can help me so I can get the most out of tips and being more efficient would be great ;)

#5 ·
Am I missing something? Our dryfall jobs consist of alot of wires, conduit, ductwork and other stuff mixed into the ceilings. We use either a 315 or 413 with the pressure at about 2500-2700- psi. This helps us to get the material into every crack and crevice without wasting a large percentage of paint on overspray. Though true s larger tip and higher pressure work well when spraying a large open area with no wires...etc.

#9 ·
SprayerMiken125 said:
well that's how the ceilings are that I spray. I use a 5-15 and start at 1600 and as the tip wears I turn it up to max 2500. One I'm doing now is 15k sqft. How much paint would you say on that sqft? Like the ceiling u described
Usimg a new .419 tip and spraying a typical 50 by 50 bay of Q deck I'd expect to use 30 gal. With a blowed out tip it could go as high as sixty. One man needs to spray two bays per day. Truthfully if I'm already set up and nothing goes wrong and with a nicely broken in tip I can spray out a bay in 2.5 hours. On average in a shift I'll spray out two bays , be up in the air six hours and go through about 80 gal of Dryfall.

#11 ·
bodean614 said:
235 gallons.
That's the same number I just laid out, 80 gallons for 5,000 sq ft.
Carried that is 240 gal for his 15,000 sq ft.
I know it is the right number cause I've done so much of it.
Now. What is your man day count for spraying that 15,000 sq ft?
I can spray it in three for sure but I think for estimating purposes that number should be higher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.