Very Sorry Unwanted Painted - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 09-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View darticus's Photo Album My Photos
Default Very Sorry Unwanted Painter

Sorry for asking something that was improper for professional painters to answer. After your moderators comeback SEE

You got some good help, with that said.

Thanks for posting on PaintTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

I had to say something.

I really thought the question applied to a general painting question. This is why I put it under general painting. Its good to have people to monitor the site so that only certain people (professionals)(Whatever professionals are as I've been painting for 50 years and haven't sold a painted picture yet but only paint homes and also apparently not posting a professional question by, I guess, me a non professional). Sounds like the Obama Administration. Thanks for the answers that help my painting needs and thanks for closing my tread as I didn't know after painting 50 years I couldn't ask something and learn more and I'm not in the professional painters category (without knowing me). What happened to freedom of everything. Hope someone get to read this and agrees with this freedom thing and does something. Ron

Last edited by darticus; 09-09-2010 at 03:33 PM..
darticus is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
Almost Gone

Rewards Points: 516
Thanked 6,377 Times in 3,759 Posts
View TJ Paint's Photo Album My Photos

this ain't no democracy or obamanomics. Hope your feelings aren't hurt too bad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TJ Paint; 09-09-2010 at 02:35 PM..
TJ Paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
Almost Gone

Rewards Points: 516
Thanked 6,377 Times in 3,759 Posts
View TJ Paint's Photo Album My Photos

are you pro?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TJ Paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,658
Thanked 6,792 Times in 4,040 Posts
View ewingpainting.net's Photo Album My Photos

Dart, the mods only react by what information is provided to them. Which is why it is recommend to introduce yourself in the introduction area. Judging by your post and your profile, which was the information you provided. You appear to be a DIY. Being that your paint related trade says "Home Owner". You either are a DIYer or you failed to give the mods the proper information and the lack of information. I am actually surprised you weren't banned, Sean was being gracious in allowing you to respond to him, if you had any concerns or feel it was unjustified. If you would have supplied him with the proper info in your profile or in a introductory post, this could have been avoided.

Last edited by ewingpainting.net; 09-09-2010 at 03:09 PM..
ewingpainting.net is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ewingpainting.net For This Useful Post:
johnpaint (09-09-2010), RCP (09-09-2010), Wolfgang (09-09-2010), Workaholic (09-09-2010)
Old 09-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 10
View darticus's Photo Album My Photos
Default Sorry Sean

I just paint for part of my living I guess thats pro. My other par time job now is retired. I'll move on but still don't know why a question like I asked is unprofessional. I'm sure some of you have done work and people want it changed. Just thought some had to turn semi to gloss and had great results. Maybe I should go back and see what I didn't fill out when I joined and became a member. Ron
darticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 500
View Retired's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by darticus View Post
I just paint for part of my living I guess thats pro. My other par time job now is retired. I'll move on but still don't know why a question like I asked is unprofessional. I'm sure some of you have done work and people want it changed. Just thought some had to turn semi to gloss and had great results. Maybe I should go back and see what I didn't fill out when I joined and became a member. Ron

I am sorry I tried to even answer your question. I hope I survive the time in Painter Purgatory and the flogging for not recognizing you were a rank amateur.

I have an excuse though. My Jedi software disc got scratched so I can no longer read minds or tell the posers from the pros.

I do know that if you get the right Avery labels you can make up your own "Hi My Name Is" sticky namebadge. These are very popular in many circles, and really great for picking up women especially if you have a cute dog and are HWP.
Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #7
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Darticus, this is a forum for Painting Professionals, meaning do this for a living.
We have many members who answer general DIY questions as Sean explained in a previous post.

Sometimes a question like yours gets asked and answered and we then direct the OP to the DIY forum. That is just to help people who find this site and think it is a place for non-professionals to get advice. If you are a professional painter, welcome, and please post an intro here so we can get to know you.
Thanks

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RCP For This Useful Post:
Wolfgang (09-09-2010)
Old 09-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #8
Born To Be Mild

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,000 Posts
View bikerboy's Photo Album My Photos

From the title of this post, I expected some sorry azz painter who can't find a job.

bikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

I made the decision that you were DIY based on the question you asked and that you listed "Home Owner" and have now changed to "Restorer" in your about me page. A ban usually goes along with that but I like to give the OP a chance to see the thread and the responses they received and truth be told I forgot to come back to it.

With that said this site is for the professionals in the painting field to come and talk shop there are many DIY forum and I myself participation on them from time to time. I understand that people think they will get right to the chase and ask the pros, but there are many knowledgeable people participating on the DIY forums.

So are you a professional in the painting field? Are you a retired professional? Or are you a DIY?

Last edited by Workaholic; 09-09-2010 at 09:05 PM..
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None