Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Whats the best brush corona makes

18K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  WisePainter 
#1 ·
Im looking to jump on the corona band
Wagon which brushes are best for cuttin

#4 ·
I'll second the Cortez, as its my go-to brush for 80% of what I do. I also like to start out with a 3" brush, and will step down in size only as necessary. My train of thought is to always use the largest brush you are comfortable with for any given task.

I will admit though, I've been using a chinex more and more lately and really like the Excalibur.

#11 ·
I will admit though, I've been using a chinex more and more lately and really like the Excalibur.
Same here. We tried the Excalibur in acrylics a while back and now I am even using it in oil. The Monterey is a nice soft brush, but still cuts in pretty well. We have been trying them on trim and doors with favorable results. I believe Corona is the better brush manufacturer out there these days.
Still prefer the Purdy Pro-Extra as a cut in brush for walls, although they wear out very quickly in my opinion.

#5 ·
While only a paint store guy and not a professional painter, I gotta say I'm all in on the Excalibur. I love the stiffness and just the overall way it feels. Love the Ultrafast covers also, but only for inside as they do not hold up terribly well on stucco exteriors sometimes.

We have really expanded our Corona brush and roller cover lines to really be our most prominent brand over Wooster and Purdy. Doesn't hurt that we are the only Corona dealer in the area.

#18 ·
I have never tried the cortez (will be soon). I will say that I have used the chinex line and it is the best out there. 3in EDGE chinex is my go to 99% of the time. For small trim and casings I use the 2 1/2 EDGE chinex. These hold up and clean up like a dream. Every time I pick up a purdy these days im always disappointed. The last time I was painting a door I lost 8 bristles by the end with the Purdy. (lol yes I counted). To date I have never shed a bristle with a corona. That says something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.