Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

who's working today?

7K views 67 replies 38 participants last post by  Roof Cleaning 
#1 ·
Labor day. Anybody working? Any of your employees working? If so, what incentives do you provide?

I'm working. I get 2.5x pay. That's my incentive. Be safe and don't make the ER nurses work too hard. :)

#3 ·
I'm working. My incentive is that I'm booked through the end of October and if I work 6 days a week I can probably squeeze 1 more exterior in before the rain starts.

Probably will only work 7ish hours though, so I have time to barbecue. Maybe I'll remember to take pics for the WOYG thread.

#12 ·
Looked at a job this morning. Had something happen for the first time. The owners from out of town recently purchased beach front home that has been badly neglected. As we were finishing up the consult they asked if I wanted them to give me the key.

I said sure, I will get back to you when I figure up how much it will all cost. :)

Any idea what the going rate would be to paint one of these? Much appreciated.. :jester:

#13 ·
Looked at a job this morning. Had something happen for the first time. The owners from out of town recently purchased beach front home that has been badly neglected. As we were finishing up the consult they asked if I wanted them to give me the key.

I said sure, I will get back to you when I figure up how much it will all cost. :)

Any idea what the going rate would be to paint one of these? Much appreciated.. :jester:

Definitely worth lookin at on a holiday Monday then!

I worked alone Saturday priming a new remodel that gutted a bunch of plaster, and replaced with sheetrock.

We were in today sanding and finished the ceilings off by 1130 am. Back to regular hours Tomorrow.. I cannot wait for all these kids to get back to class!!

#18 ·
wje said:
Definitely worth lookin at on a holiday Monday then!

I worked alone Saturday priming a new remodel that gutted a bunch of plaster, and replaced with sheetrock.

We were in today sanding and finished the ceilings off by 1130 am. Back to regular hours Tomorrow.. I cannot wait for all these kids to get back to class!!
Looks like my summer home.....lol. Good for you much success.

#20 ·
Worked a full day a week ago Saturday, a half day this past Saturday, and another half day today - and we only do interiors. My boss doesn't want to hear me bitching about it... :censored: ;)

#29 ·
Like many here I work lots of weekends and holidays. I enjoy working on days like today. I crank the tunes and kind of go at a nice even pace. The best part is that the rest of the world is at home so nobody gets in my way. did an entryway and a small conference room today.

Property Door Window Room Building

Property Door Room Real estate Window

#34 ·
Typical civil service worker. Congratulations.

I get paid 100% of my wage to be off today. Plus, next Monday I also have off. So I used three days vacation pay to have ten days off. Hallelujah!

It's all spent building my deck. But the BBQ's are great and the wine is good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.