Why NOT to paint when it's too cold.......And gonna rain...... - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 12-26-2009, 05:52 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 250
View deach's Photo Album My Photos
Default Why NOT to paint when it's too cold.......And gonna rain......

Lately there has been some discussion on painting in colder weather. I've also been involved in several other lively conversations where I've felt it's paramount that the owner of the company know exactly what they're doing, and how to do it. I submit some photos of why really knowing your business is important. NOTE: This was NOT one of my JOBS...........As the venue is a public place with public access no privacy laws were violated here........

The photos were taken today (12-26-09) and certain blocking was done as to protect the privacy of both the building owner and the company that did the work out of respect.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by deach; 12-26-2009 at 05:55 PM..
deach is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,803 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Ooooh nooooo! Now all the paint is on the sidewalk!

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 1,031 Times in 753 Posts
View johnpaint's Photo Album My Photos

I didn't mean for this happen.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
johnpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to johnpaint For This Useful Post:
nEighter (12-27-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpaint View Post
LOLOLOL

Old 12-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
Ooooh nooooo! Now all the paint is on the sidewalk!
Yes and parking lot and other stuff......I'm told it was acrylic paint but still I wonder if there can be repercussions from the EPA or anything about this. Man o Man what a mess.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 1,076
Thanked 1,311 Times in 724 Posts
View Rcon's Photo Album My Photos

Wow! I've never seen a failure gone THAT bad!!

I had a GC once demand I painted a set of overhead doors in extreme cold weather (I think it was november and it was getting as cold as -10C at night) in spite of my repeated assurances it would fail and refusal to warranty work on them. He didn't care at the time because he just wanted color on those doors. Well surprise surprise, the following spring the paint had all peeled off from the middle of the door to the bottom. All I could say was "told you so".

Good thing was I got to bill those doors twice. And i'm betting he won't do that again.
Rcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #7

Honestly I thought that would be the case when the fellow that used to work for me called me and told me they were doing it. (Although I terminated him we still talk it was more a professional thing and not a "personal" thing).....anyway ya this one went totally south.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #8
RCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpaint View Post
LOL. "I read on the internet it would be ok!"

Old 12-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #9

Quote:
LOL. "I read on the internet it would be ok!"
LOLOL ya just had to use "special" paint.......

Old 12-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 1,000
Thanked 1,026 Times in 624 Posts
View BrushJockey's Photo Album My Photos

I think the pink sidewalk is kinda pretty...
Old 12-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

looks like some custom distressing. $$$$$
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #12
Renegade Mod

Rewards Points: 492
Thanked 8,613 Times in 4,010 Posts
View Wolfgang's Photo Album My Photos

So who pays for the re-do?
Old 12-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #13
RCP

I think it will be a wash when he turns in the change order for the faux!

Old 12-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #14

I'll have to let them know about the faux thing. That was a good one. I haven't heard exactly how it's gonna play out yet. I hope to at least hear about it. I know the fellow that used to work for me is a little tired of hearing about it. I suspect I'll find out though.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:52 PM   #15
RCP

All kidding aside, I feel for the guy. I am sure he felt he had a valid reason to proceed. But we never know. Rob got demo'd some primer and after it was sprayed they watched it sink to the floor, not a good feeling!

Old 12-26-2009, 08:57 PM   #16

Quote:
All kidding aside, I feel for the guy. I am sure he felt he had a valid reason to proceed. But we never know. Rob got demo'd some primer and after it was sprayed they watched it sink to the floor, not a good feeling!
Yes that would be horrible. Honestly I feel for them too. I guess times were hard and they "thought" they could get away with it. I asked the fellow was his boss nuts? I think having to wear insulated coveralls outside to paint might say something. At any rate I'll let everyone know how it ends up if I get the info. I just wanted to show first hand why "not" to do something we've discussed on occasion here and why it's so important that the person holding the reigns really has a full clue about what they're doing.

Tags
None