Windows... - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 05-03-2008, 10:48 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,000
View JNLP's Photo Album My Photos
Default Windows...

Just curious as to what window cleaners charge? Do they have prices to do X sq ft of glass, 1st floor, 2nd floor, or what? What about the insides as you have to take about 4 times as long to do it neat & pretty?

Looking for a formula that would keep you in the area of where your competition would be.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2008, 11:14 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,056
View Jason@API's Photo Album My Photos

Around my neck of the woods they charge by the # of windows not sqft of glass. Not sure what they charge.... I was just talking to my partner about this yesterday... funny that you bring it up...

J

Jason@API is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Around my neck of the woods they charge by the # of windows not sqft of glass. Not sure what they charge.... I was just talking to my partner about this yesterday... funny that you bring it up...

J
Wonder what they charge per window? Also what about the difference in 1x4 windows on a first floor & 5x10 windows that are on a second story?

Just like painting, I'm sure deep down inside they have a basic formula that will keep all the window washers in the area on the same track, as to where they aren't being considered low ballers & pissing off their competition.
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,056
View Jason@API's Photo Album My Photos

Maybe in that basic formula is a per sqft of latter you have to climb to get to the sqft of window on the 2nd floor...

All joking aside... I hope someone with some good knowledge about this industry pipes up here..

J

Jason@API is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:33 AM   #5

I recently did a nice store front, and the owner wants me to do more of the property. While talking he mentioned how upset he was with the fact as I made his place look so great & brand new, and a few months later it looks as if I was never there from all the traffic dirt on the building. I want to offer him a good deal to keep his store front looking new. Maybe a monthly pressure wash & bi-weekly window cleaning. I know what I'd charge him, but it got me thinking of the 100 store fronts on his road that are in the same situation as him. I wouldn't mind getting alot of them for a regular cleaning and/or window washing. If I'm there already, might as well earn a few bucks helping out the neighbors too.

Before I go ahead & try to sell to his neighbors, I need a little system to go by. I don't want to rob the window cleaners of america of their jobs, but rarther offer what they do at their price, so it's fair.

Last edited by JNLP; 05-04-2008 at 02:23 PM..
JNLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #6
house painter

Rewards Points: 506
View johnthepainter's Photo Album My Photos

check out a window washing forum
johnthepainter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None