Wooster Wide Boy Hulk - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 04-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 500
View JoseyWales's Photo Album My Photos
Default Wooster Wide Boy Hulk

I finally decided to try a 14" roller last week...The only cage they had at the store was the Wooster Sherlock Wide boy hulk...I used a 15 ml Wooster pro-dooz to apply Ben eggshell paint...

It's goes fast on long walls and looks better because you have less lap lines...You can't get close into the corners and there are areas in many rooms that are too tight for a 14" roller...

I used both my 9" and the 14" in separate trays...I used the 9 for the corners and to cross roll above door frames and above/ below window frames...That worked out good...I also used a Wooster 3" roller for even smaller areas...

It was a small house that I worked on,but I could see this roller saving me time in much larger homes...I used a big Wooster tray (with a liner) and didn't use my bucket.

JoseyWales is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Shazaam!

Rewards Points: 604
View Different Strokes's Photo Album My Photos

LOVE the comic book... the roller handle..... not so much.
Different Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Different Strokes View Post
LOVE the comic book... the roller handle..... not so much.
What's better for a 14"?....That's the only cage the paint store carries for that sleeve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2011, 02:16 AM   #4
Logistics

Rewards Points: 2,100
View jack pauhl's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales View Post
What's better for a 14"?....That's the only cage the paint store carries for that sleeve.
Nothing better besides the Sherlock Wideboy BR036 (the original without cams) Both allow you to roll 1" tight. That is tighter than I see many guys rolling with a 9"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jack pauhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:41 AM   #5

My frame looks almost exactly like that..The only difference I see is that the Hulk has a quick release system as opposed to wing nuts.With a 9" I get right into the corner,actually scraping it lightly {on re-paints} and then I smooth out the streaks on the opposite wall..With newly mudded corners I'm a little more gentle and don't scrape the wall......That said I still cut in all the corners with a 5 second run of the brush top to bottom.

Last edited by JoseyWales; 04-05-2011 at 02:51 AM..

Tags
None