Your chance to vent against EPA lead laws - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 02-22-2011, 09:49 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 244
View salmangeri's Photo Album My Photos
Default Your chance to vent against EPA lead laws

EPA Invites Public
to Enter the Debate
on Regulatory Review

Memo from the EPA to all interested parties: If you want to vent about agency regulations, now’s your chance..............

http://www.durabilityanddesign.com/n...ackid=29409505

here's my 2cents.........I took the Certified Renovator class and at the end my instructor said we would have to add an additional 5% to factor in the additional costs because of the new EPA lead regulations........as far as I am concerned it's more like 30%....... try replacing one of your $40 shop vacs complete with extra fine dust filter for a $500 hepa shop vac.........yes I am all for education and safe practice but this is a very unfair set of regulations to put on us............

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by salmangeri; 02-22-2011 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: more info
salmangeri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to salmangeri For This Useful Post:
Bender (02-22-2011)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 428
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,184 Posts
View WisePainter's Photo Album My Photos

No offense but "venting" does little to "change" anything, but thank you EPA for allowing me the opportunity...lol.
It's a way to make us feel empowered, but with very little power to actually make a difference.

typical gov. tactic.

imho of course.
WisePainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 244
View salmangeri's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisePainter View Post
No offense but "venting" does little to "change" anything, but thank you EPA for allowing me the opportunity...lol.
It's a way to make us feel empowered, but with very little power to actually make a difference.

typical gov. tactic.

imho of course.

You are most likely right in ref. to the gov. allowing us the forum to vent as being a way to patronize us.......for a minute I got excited by the fact that we actually have a voice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
salmangeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Well, it really is not for rants against RRP, it is asking for opinions on all EPA regulations. They do it regularly. Contractors have had opportunities to offer input on RRP for a long time.

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 500
View One Coat Coverage's Photo Album My Photos

I picked up a nice amount of work as a result of being on the certified contractors list on their wesite. So I have no complaints.
One Coat Coverage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:52 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 516
Thanked 1,001 Times in 524 Posts
View premierpainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Coat Coverage
I picked up a nice amount of work as a result of being on the certified contractors list on their wesite. So I have no complaints.
That is until you forget one little part of your training or your paperwork is not proper or you get sued...then you won't be so happy. The law has way to many loopholes

premierpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to premierpainter For This Useful Post:
Bender (02-24-2011), Slopmeyer (04-25-2011)
Old 02-24-2011, 03:28 PM   #7
Master Painter

Rewards Points: 250
View Bobbo's Photo Album My Photos

The more strict EPA policies of today may save your children's children from having all manner of diseases and defects from pollution exposures ! Rant ??? I don't think so ...

Bobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 500
View One Coat Coverage's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo View Post
The more strict EPA policies of today may save your children's children from having all manner of diseases and defects from pollution exposures ! Rant ??? I don't think so ...
Lead paint got banned over 30 years ago........
One Coat Coverage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None