Bid NY City - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Commercial and Industrial Painting

Old 03-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View buckyboy's Photo Album My Photos
Default Bid NY City

We are a small company in upstate NY and getting ready to bid on a job in NY City, could someone tell me what the going rate is per sq. We have only done commercial buildings in our area and not sure what I'd be getting into by branching out to the city. This is an office space approx. 4000 sq. ft. sprinkler pipes and some duct work. 2 coats one color sprayed.
buckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2008, 09:32 AM   #2
Save 2nd base!

Rewards Points: 4,670
Thanked 4,395 Times in 1,920 Posts
View ProWallGuy's Photo Album My Photos

I don't know anything about a 'going rate', but be prepared for the extra time/$$$ for parking issues, logistics, etc. Any downtown type job always has hassles that will eat up time and profit if not anticipated and bid for.
ProWallGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75
View Mandrake's Photo Album My Photos

Kinda hard to give sf pricing when you have sprinklers and ductwork. Office space with painted sprinklers and ducts?

I would suggest pricing your usual way and then adding your expenses for travel etc.

Since its a small job the Union will probably never see you. Slip in and out of town quietly

mndrk
Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2008, 07:08 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10
View buckyboy's Photo Album My Photos

Your right I forgot about union guys, I might just pass this one up, we're starting to get busy anyway. Thanks for the help guys, till next time..cya
buckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None