Commercial estimating from prints - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Commercial and Industrial Painting

Old 08-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View masterpiece4059's Photo Album My Photos
Default Commercial estimating from prints

Hello, My name is David and I am new around here. I am from the Pittsburgh area and have been in business for 15 years now. Business is good. We do mostly high-end residential and some light commercial but I am trying to expand into bidding more commercial work based on prints and I am having a hard time pricing these jobs just based on looking and it on paper. Is anyone familiar of a company or an individual that will do take offs from my prints and give me pricing for a reasonable fee? I like to see how it compares with what I am coming up with. Thank you for your time.
masterpiece4059 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #2

View steveatson1's Photo Album My Photos

If you want to expend your business in this field then you have many options like you go to canvas printing. You will learn it from online also. There are many website which will provide you canvas prints online according to your requirements.
steveatson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 150
View bodean614's Photo Album My Photos

I am a freelance estimator based in Cincinnati.
I have references and proven track record in landing work. Please give me a call. 937-389-8328. Jeff.
bodean614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
A Brush Above

Rewards Points: 2,598
Thanked 3,573 Times in 1,861 Posts
View Paradigmzz's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveatson1 View Post
If you want to expend your business in this field then you have many options like you go to canvas printing. You will learn it from online also. There are many website which will provide you canvas prints online according to your requirements.
100 % not helpful. Funny, but not helpful. Someone needs to recalibrate that spambot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
I wouldn't worry about it.This internet thing aint gonna last
Paradigmzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #5

View henrymilathy's Photo Album My Photos

For upgrading your business you should learn more about it .All the canvas work technologies for home remodeling are available on the Internet so you can directly opt this option for proper learning.
henrymilathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
A Brush Above

Rewards Points: 2,598
Thanked 3,573 Times in 1,861 Posts
View Paradigmzz's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymilathy View Post
For upgrading your business you should learn more about it .All the canvas work technologies for home remodeling are available on the Internet so you can directly opt this option for proper learning.
Is it me or are these spammers idiots or what?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
I wouldn't worry about it.This internet thing aint gonna last
Paradigmzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 712
View robladd's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigmzz

They must be this thread is about commercial estimating not residential remodeling.
robladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #8
Save 2nd base!

Rewards Points: 9,608
Thanked 4,372 Times in 1,908 Posts
View ProWallGuy's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigmzz View Post
Thanks for reporting that post.

BILL! We got a clean-up in aisle 4!

ProWallGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 976
View MikeCalifornia's Photo Album My Photos

This company might be helpful. They just use all your info, then plug the info from the prints into their program and adjust as you see fit. Seems like it can spit bids out quick.

Evergreen Technologies
MikeCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #10

View noel77's Photo Album My Photos

hey guys (Rob thanks for your advice last time, was really helpful). guys i need your help........ i just bit on three commercial jobs, im sure of getting at least two. im gonna need an other pump to manage. im about to bid on a graco 7900 on ebay, but it has a crack on its head, can you give it a look and let me kno what you think. http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRACO-GMAX-1...-/190762019449

Last edited by noel77; 11-30-2012 at 11:39 AM..
noel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #11

View TRossi88's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterpiece4059 View Post
Hello, My name is David and I am new around here. I am from the Pittsburgh area and have been in business for 15 years now. Business is good. We do mostly high-end residential and some light commercial but I am trying to expand into bidding more commercial work based on prints and I am having a hard time pricing these jobs just based on looking and it on paper. Is anyone familiar of a company or an individual that will do take offs from my prints and give me pricing for a reasonable fee? I like to see how it compares with what I am coming up with. Thank you for your time.
I have been estimating for my company of about 3 years. In my experiences the plans never have all the info needed for a painting bid I usually end send over RFI email to the PM. And most case the RFI email is the first time the PM even thinks about the painting scope. So if your going to do it your self spend the time and go over all the architectural prints. Architects love hiding paint scope on pages besides the finish page.

Good Luck
TRossi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRossi88 For This Useful Post:
kmp (12-31-2012), LaserLines (03-28-2015)
Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
Freelance Paint Estimator

Rewards Points: 14
View KennedyEstimating's Photo Album My Photos
Default Estimating Help

David,
I am from the Pittsburgh area and if you need any advice on Commercial estimating just give me a call. I own a freelance estimating company and have the experience to guide you in the right direction. [email protected]. Best of luck.
Bob Kennedy
Kennedy Estimating
KennedyEstimating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #13
kmp

Rewards Points: 2,318
View kmp's Photo Album My Photos

I agree about architects and trying to find specs and scope of work. They think we are supposed to pick it up through osmosis.Oh I forgot they went to school and we didnt.I go through structural,elect.and mech.as well. I have found info on trash enclosures and hand rail on the civil pages instead of the arch.pages. You have to look at them all that's for sure.
Also if they are so good then why do they issue a 130 page addenum 1 day before bid date.
kmp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kmp For This Useful Post:
LaserLines (03-28-2015)
Old 01-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #14

Rewards Points: 374
View Veith@toast.net's Photo Album My Photos

You got to love the cut and paste that they do for a spec. Love Products that is no longer made or the guess of what they really want. An then they don't know them selfs
David

Veith@toast.net is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
kmp (01-03-2013), MonPeintre.ca (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #15
kmp

Rewards Points: 2,318
View kmp's Photo Album My Photos

This could turn into a "I hate architects" thread but I don't think there is enough computer power or storage for it.
kmp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kmp For This Useful Post:
LaserLines (03-28-2015)

Tags
None