Painting warehouse ceilings/support steel - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Commercial and Industrial Painting

Old 06-07-2017, 10:26 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 14
View AWG Painting's Photo Album My Photos
Default Painting warehouse ceilings/support steel

I am bidding a warehouse ceiling, constructed of corrugated pre-primed metal supported by pre-primed steel trusses. The ceiling is 30' high. Developer wants white paint on ceiling and support trusses. Obviously this will be a spray job on scissor lifts. My question is how to price it. I've priced commercial jobs for walls and trim but not a ceiling of this kind before. The size is approximately 52,000 square feet. Many thanks.
AWG Painting is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 202
View kentdalimp's Photo Album My Photos

Add a multiplier to the Square Footage (Example: 3 feet for every 1 sq') Multiply the total square footage by 3 and use that as a starting point.

Figure hours based on what you think your production rates will be per coat (working on lifts will lower your production rates) Use the Multiplied Square footage as the "total Square footage."

Figure Equipment costs

Figure Materials based on the Multiplied Square Footage. (Only order as you need it, don't place the whole order at once)

How many Coats? Dryfall? Primer? BLow down with Air/Pressure Wash? Cover the Floor? Mil Thickness testing? Inspection Requirements?

Put it together and add a markup.

Realistically think if you can hit your production rates. It's no different than anything else. Hopefully that helps!
kentdalimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:25 PM   #3
centralabpainter

Rewards Points: 80
View centralalbertapaint's Photo Album My Photos

I don't know where in the world you are, However I'm in Canada and I just quoted a school at $1.25 per sq 2 coats dry fall, Q deck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
centralalbertapaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling, commercial, industrial, trusses