Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Finally got the website up and going. Criticisms?

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Workaholic 
#1 ·
http://www.sterlingpainting.ca

Did a work trade with a web designer to get it up. Painted her interior. So far I've been averaging about 20 unique visitors per day. I use google adwords, and I havnt gotten 1 req for quote yet, but I've had 5 clicks per day. I did use the localized ads so they only show up in red deer. (avg 2$ a click)

I've also got $50 worth of facebook ads up, and they're considerably cheaper (avg 91c per click).

Anyone got any constructive comments?

#7 ·
I like it. A few things I noticed though was that the top 3 photos on your home page should be links. If you have an image or a slideshow in the middle of your home page, i'm not seeing it in chrome, just a blank white space. Your logo should always link back to your home page as well.

Nice looking website though :)

#12 ·
Thanx everyone for all the great input. No severe lashings yet, but I did say "constructive criticisms" maybe thats why lol.

AAron/Jack: I think you're right about the photo I should change it.

Rcon: Good idea about the linking, seems more pro.

RCP: Yeah I found that happens on my end too with the flash thing not showing up in firefox, might just have to go with a photo instead of the flash.

Does anyone really check out sites like this on their phone? I could see pizza places, but I guess Im just not up with the new tech using my 89$ samsung cell. . .

#14 ·
Does anyone really check out sites like this on their phone? I could see pizza places, but I guess Im just not up with the new tech using my 89$ samsung cell. . .
You'd be surprised how many people are using their phones for web browsing these days, which is part of the reason flash is on the way out. Most slideshows and site animation now (on newer sites) is done in javascript, jquery etc. because it works across all platforms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.