Google Places - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Technology (websites, computers, etc..)

Old 08-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,326
View Ultimate's Photo Album My Photos
Default Google Places

We received the postcard, used the verification number and got ourselves on Google places. Status shows us as 100% complete.

But...... http://maps.google.com/maps/myplaces...6&ctz=240&z=11

We are in between A and C on the map.

Google has done no more than provided a small red dot for my company on their places page. No letter listing with a label for us. Irregardless of how many pages you search.Anyone have any idea of the reasoning for my listing to be minimized as it is? Is there any rhyme or reason to the process I am missing?

Homepage on our site is getting a facelift today.

Sorry guys I know things such as this are sometimes a monotonous repetitive issue. Only thing I can do is help the next guy that comes along asking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

No problem John. That link does not work for me, are you able to access your Google Places page? Check out this video and see if it helps.

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RCP For This Useful Post:
Coat It! (08-29-2011), Ultimate (08-27-2011)
Old 08-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #3

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=oak+is...c=0&gl=us&z=13

Chris I can always count on you

Here is a link that may show you what I am talking about. Again, I am the little red dot in between A and C. I have tried the help function on Google places and read of others with similar problems asking questions and receiving no solutions.

I will check out the video now. I hope it is something simple.

edit: Yea the video didn't help much Love ya for trying anyway

Last edited by Ultimate; 08-27-2011 at 11:57 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,574
Thanked 5,172 Times in 2,981 Posts
View straight_lines's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Yahoo to straight_lines

John you always want to clear your browser cache when you do a search so your previous searches don't skew the results.

Primer makes everything better...
straight_lines is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to straight_lines For This Useful Post:
Bender (08-29-2011), Bobbo (08-27-2011), Ultimate (08-27-2011)
Old 08-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
RCP

I see what you are saying now. Here is the direct link to your places page. The "A" starts on every page, the higher ranked companies get on top. If you look at the page where you appear, you have the "A" listed. You will see your listing move up page by page.
To bring that up, add reviews, photos and details, look on the places pages of the top companies, work on your organic SEO as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Google Places-father-son.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to RCP For This Useful Post:
Ultimate (08-27-2011)
Old 08-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
RCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight_lines View Post
John you always want to clear your browser cache when you do a search so your previous searches don't skew the results.
That is true, most browsers have an "incognito" or "private" option. Use that or don't be logged into your gmail account and clear like Tommy suggested.

The Following User Says Thank You to RCP For This Useful Post:
Ultimate (08-27-2011)
Old 08-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #7

Tommy I appreciate your help also really. It is odd being so close and still receiving help from you on here. PT is truly a unique place I am happy with all of the people that make it what it is.

Thanks again both of you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ultimate For This Useful Post:
straight_lines (08-27-2011)
Old 08-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 1,574
Thanked 5,172 Times in 2,981 Posts
View straight_lines's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Yahoo to straight_lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherandSonPainting View Post
Tommy I appreciate your help also really. It is odd being so close and still receiving help from you on here. PT is truly a unique place I am happy with all of the people that make it what it is.

Thanks again both of you.
There is plenty of work out there for both of us. I don't mind helping a PC I know is bidding jobs right, and selling clients a quality job. If you were a franchise pc I wouldn't have anything to do with you most likely.

I have a few bids for roofs out, and am looking at another Monday so I think we will be working together sooner or later. We both benefit from good relationships even though our service areas overlap.

Primer makes everything better...
straight_lines is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to straight_lines For This Useful Post:
Ultimate (08-27-2011)
Old 08-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 250
View SouthFloridaPainter's Photo Album My Photos

How long has it since you verified the listing?

MerchantCircle :

SouthFloridaPainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 75
View Coat It!'s Photo Album My Photos

Great video RCP, thanks!

FatherandSonPainting it looks like your Google Place page is complete but you would benefit from several positive reviews/ratings. If you can ask satisfied customers to review you on Google Maps/Places they often will. Positive ratings and reviews are important factors in how your company ranks in Goggle Places.

Coat It! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #11

Rewards Points: 250
View SouthFloridaPainter's Photo Album My Photos

Actually its not really complete. Just a couple things.

No business description.

Go ahead and use your keywords in the description. Include your top keyword(s) while keeping it readable. Go ahead and include your target area and/or city.

For example :

Father and Son Painting are painting contractors in Oak Island, NC. We are house painters providing interior and exterior painting services. Call us for a free painting estimate.

Something like that, you get the point, right? Keyword stuffed but readable.

Here are the keyword phrases that were used. ( what people type when searching for a painting contractor )

painting contractors in Oak Island, NC
house painters
painting services
painting estimate

The business description is the only place on the listing where have some leeway to using your keywords.

Fill in all the photo slots. Fill in the video slots.

No videos? For now, just search on youtube and find some painting related videos ( how to's ) and use those. Just copy and paste the URL. Way better to use your own, but an option if you know your not going to make them.

I wrote a thread a couple months ago, search for "easy video" ( its about videos from pics ) or just visit animoto.com ( use free ones )

Also make sure you read a new thread I wrote on yahoo and bing listings, it ties in well with this.

Good Luck

MerchantCircle :

SouthFloridaPainter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None