Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

keyword targeting

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Roof Cleaning 
#1 ·
What software do you use if any, other than ad words to find specific keywords to target.

#5 ·
Write good copy that makes people want to call you. The rest will fall into place. Its always going to be a losing battle trying to figure out what keywords are the perfect fit, how many times to use them, etc. One person searches for "painters". Another lady searches for "painting companies in 'hometown'". A good approach is to make several pages that target local keywords and refine as you go.

#8 ·
Write good copy that makes people want to call you. The rest will fall into place. Its always going to be a losing battle trying to figure out what keywords are the perfect fit, how many times to use them, etc. One person searches for "painters". Another lady searches for "painting companies in 'hometown'". A good approach is to make several pages that target local keywords and refine as you go.
Yah I have noticed google tends to fill in whatever it thinks you are anyway so if your trying to target "house painting Los Angeles" you will end up getting ranked for an array of keywords that google thinks are related. I agree a good copy is most important.

To respond to the question I think google's keyword tool is pretty much the only tool to be using since they are going to be the primary target anyhow right?

#7 ·
It depends on the city but yes I see a big difference between painters in cityname vs cityname painter.

I rank horribly for painting contractor but very well for house painter. Another interesting variable is the state. I rank a lot better with out cityname SC vs just the cityname.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.