Neat connect anyone have one? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Technology (websites, computers, etc..)

Old 07-31-2014, 07:38 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,574
Thanked 5,171 Times in 2,980 Posts
View straight_lines's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Yahoo to straight_lines
Default Neat connect anyone have one?

Looking at this online and there are some really cool features. Just wondering if anyone has one and uses it in their business. The mountain of paper we have to file is crazy, and if I can just scan them in once a week that would be great.
They have several products and I am sure you have seen the commercials for the neat desk.

http://www.neat.com/products/neatconnect/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Primer makes everything better...
straight_lines is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2014, 09:38 AM   #2
Paint to fish

Rewards Points: 42
Thanked 5,155 Times in 2,810 Posts
View DeanV's Photo Album My Photos

I went with a Doxie mobile scanner this year. Lets me scan at a coffee shop, from my family room, etc. Mine is a single page feed, but after reciepts are crammed into a wallet for a while, not sure a document feeder would work well anyway.
DeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:34 PM   #3

That was one of my concerns as well, I can imagine the drink machine and the bill it doesn't want to take in my mind. After thirty minutes or so and then me wanting to throw it though the window.

They have a mobile app that allows you to take a picture and it gets processed in the cloud doing the same things as the scanner. Not sure how robust the cloud service is, but I do know it can upload straight to other cloud services, like onedrive, dropbox and evernote.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2014, 10:44 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,331
Thanked 1,168 Times in 635 Posts
View Hines Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Never even heard of it. But since I know you have windows phone, there is an app I've been eying called handyscan, made by jdb. It's substantially less (about $497 less), and is supposed to have onedrive, dropbox and onenote integration.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet though because I'm too lazy to add my credit card info to the app store.

|
|
Hines Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hines Painting For This Useful Post:
straight_lines (08-02-2014)
Old 08-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #5
Paint to fish

I upload to dropbox for longterm storage right now. Might change to something else. I tend to use Evernote for stuff I want to access or may want to access often. Dropbox for longterm storage of stuff not frequently accessed.

There are a lot of phone apps that let you snap a picture and upload to something on the go as well. So, you can do that easily enough regardless of the printer you chose. I found lighting and stuff was a bit of a hassle.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:57 PM   #6

Microsoft is pretty serious about their cloud business. An office 365 subscription starting at $5 a month per user comes with 1 TB of cloud storage, this is on top of the free storage they already offer. It has been amazing using these tools with my partner and wife, she is not a very tech savy person but has been able to learn to use all these apps and we can both access them at any time. Its easy to use but for someone like me a power user its also really robust. For the money this is an amazing deal imo.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/bu...102918419.aspx

https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/plans/

Old 08-02-2014, 01:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanV View Post
I upload to dropbox for longterm storage right now. Might change to something else. I tend to use Evernote for stuff I want to access or may want to access often. Dropbox for longterm storage of stuff not frequently accessed.

There are a lot of phone apps that let you snap a picture and upload to something on the go as well. So, you can do that easily enough regardless of the printer you chose. I found lighting and stuff was a bit of a hassle.
I tried that scanner app Michael posted, and to be honest don't see much difference in taking a pic and it uploading to our storage automatically. The neat software and scanner do more than just scan it in. Its smart in the way it does so and you can import it directly into quickbooks.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #8
Paint to fish

Direct import to QB would be nice.

I enter a reciept into QB, scan it, then toss it.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 41
View Savdog01's Photo Album My Photos

Neatdesk is one of the best things I've ever bought for my business. I wouldn't use the mobile app because of the monthly fee. We scan everything. Receipts, insurance policies, estimate worksheets, employee files, etc. it's your complete file cabinet in your computer with no paper. You can make as many cabinets as you like. Personal, business, etc. I would and do highly recommend this to anyone in business for themselves.
Savdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Savdog01 For This Useful Post:
Lambrecht (08-03-2014), straight_lines (08-02-2014)

Tags
None