Remarketing - Google Analytics - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Technology (websites, computers, etc..)

Old 02-02-2014, 11:59 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,326
View Ultimate's Photo Album My Photos
Default Remarketing - Google Analytics

Low and behold, a year after first getting an analytics account, I finally just got around to getting the tracking set up and webmaster tools as well.

If I understand correctly, if I want to see additional demographic data such as gender and age and interests of visitors, I will need to do some backend changes. That's fine, but the part that causes me to hesitate in enabling this part of analytics, if I am reading correctly, is that the visitor will have to read and accept some sort of permission allowing me to see the additional data. Not sure I want all that for my visitors.

Anyone doing or not doing this and any good reasons why or why not? It's amazing the information that will become available. It'll be a few days or weeks maybe I bet just learning all I can do and how I can benefit with analytics.
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #2
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

John,
Where are you seeing something that requires users to accept and agree?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #3

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2700409

I could be misunderstanding this Chris. I'm learning.

After updating the tracking code to support Display Advertising, I also need to update the privacy policy, which it talks about in the link provided in this post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2014, 12:59 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,924
Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,405 Posts
View Dave Mac's Photo Album My Photos

john wich one did you install?? universal analytics??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

powerwashingcharlottenc
Housewashingcharlottenc
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #5
RCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate View Post
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2700409

I could be misunderstanding this Chris. I'm learning.

After updating the tracking code to support Display Advertising, I also need to update the privacy policy, which it talks about in the link provided in this post.
Ah, looks like you are looking at Universal Analytics, I have not used that, i find I get plenty of info from Google Analytics, Webmaster tools and StatCounter. Sure somebody will more experience will be along soon.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:32 PM   #6

Chris and Dave,

I installed http://wordpress.org/plugins/google-...for-wordpress/ yesterday afternoon. It gave an immediate tracking confirmation and began showing data about 8 hours later. It seems that it may be limited on the provision of demographics. Am I trying to do something outside of the realm of what I have?

In my attempt to copy/paste the google analytics script into my header for tracking, I read that in order to receive the additional demographics and information report data, I need to do this. Which is the point at which I decided to just install the plug in I mentioned in the first paragraph.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:16 PM   #7
RCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate View Post
Chris and Dave,

I installed http://wordpress.org/plugins/google-...for-wordpress/ yesterday afternoon. It gave an immediate tracking confirmation and began showing data about 8 hours later. It seems that it may be limited on the provision of demographics. Am I trying to do something outside of the realm of what I have?

In my attempt to copy/paste the google analytics script into my header for tracking, I read that in order to receive the additional demographics and information report data, I need to do this. Which is the point at which I decided to just install the plug in I mentioned in the first paragraph.
John, it is doable, but IMHO, I don't think it is necessary at this point. When you start getting more traffic to your site, drilling down that deep may be needed, but I think there are plenty of other things that you could be spending your time on.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #8

Chris thanks. I will take your advice then and leave it be.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 10
View Joe Lucier's Photo Album My Photos

I would put efforts into authorship if I were you .

Tags
None