Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  jason123 
#1 ·
Anyone use Skype? Used it for the first time for a conference call, was pretty cool!

#4 ·
Have been using it for a couple of years now but only for video calls to friends and family. From my experience i wouldn't use it in a business sense, too many drop's and weak/quiet speech. Whenever it happened we would just hang up and try again and eventually we'd get a good 'line'. Can't see that being too good for business though? Haven't used their skype to landline service so can't comment on that, sorry. They have it on some cell phones now.

#5 ·
not skype, but GoogleTalk. It was interesting while the newness was there. But that was before I could call all over the US for free. I didn't use the camera.

Great for military families with loved ones deployed off continent. Or for anyone with a loved one at sea or across the seas.

On a job I was doing around Christmas time, the HO's were talking with one set of parents with it, pretty soon they brought the lappy into the room I was working to show the parents the work being done. I thought it was pretty cute.

Good stuff at the right times.

-Bill

#9 ·
i use skype to speak to all my family on the opposite side of the country. It makes being far away a little bit easier sometimes...to see my niece and nephews and talk to them for a few minutes means a lot to me now.

My spouse is an actress...she was actually hired last week to film a commercial over skype...it was pretty sweet, she got paid a nice chunk of change just to hang around the house and be available on skype...when they called the filming lasted like 10 minutes. Easy money there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.