Takeoff Software recommendations - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Business > Technology (websites, computers, etc..)

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PaPainter724

Old 03-12-2018, 05:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2
View tupainting's Photo Album My Photos
Default Takeoff Software recommendations

Hi, I would like to purchase takeoff software to help me with estimating larger commercial bids from blueprints. We do not want to hire an estimator and are willing to take software training courses depending on which software program combination we choose to purchase. We are looking for recommendations from estimators/business owners with experience in creating commercial painting bids from blueprints.

Which computer software combination has worked best for you? Right now we are looking at Planswift for blueprints and Sage? We would like to streamline creating line items for larger projects. Any advice on which software to choose would be greatly appreciated. We are able to run both MAC and PC software packages.
tupainting is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2018, 05:42 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 48
View PaPainter724's Photo Album My Photos

I'm going to be blunt. Either hire an estimator or do it the old fashioned way. Not trying to be rude, but the cookie cutter software way is going to cause to either way underbid and get in over your head or overbid and never get work.

I do most of my own breakdowns and even super huge ones only really take a few hours to a day when you have a system down. Plus, it forces you to really go over your spec book just to double check that you didn't bid to paint the walls with ProMar 200 at 20 bucks a gallon and they called for PreCat at 40 a gallon. Plus architects make a lot of mistakes and if you have a good eye you will get a lot of extras over the course of the job covering the architects ass.
tupainting likes this.
PaPainter724 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None