3 Ft. ASM Swivel Extension - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Photos of Project and Equipment

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By ThreeSistersPainting
  • 2 Post By woodcoyote
  • 1 Post By Delta Painting
  • 2 Post By Woodco

Old 09-02-2017, 10:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 450
View ThreeSistersPainting's Photo Album My Photos
Default 3 Ft. ASM Swivel Extension

This thing is a game changer! I have always used extensions but was introduced to this one from my local Rodda paint store. It swivels at the gun and also has a pivot on the end, how cool!

I have been using it since June and hardly have to work a ladder on a wall (if I need one at all).

Thought I would share and see what other people are rocking for exteriors.

p.s. Yes those are slippers, I fractured the side of my foot and having it wrapped up I couldnt fit my foot in my shoes.
Attached Thumbnails
3 Ft. ASM Swivel Extension-extension.jpg  

3 Ft. ASM Swivel Extension-extension1.jpg  

CApainter and lilpaintchic like this.
ThreeSistersPainting is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2017, 10:35 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,304
View woodcoyote's Photo Album My Photos

We use a 6ft extension pole with a graco clean-shut off valve on it.

It too swivels. Has an internal needle to help eliminate spitting (virtually has none) and can be put on any pole to make any pole have a swivel.

Built-in swivels are convenient but they tend to go out and when they do, you have to pretty much buy a new pole.

If your doing small spraying jobs like that one, I'd look into the HYDE swivel pivot tool. You can adjust it on the fly pretty easy with almost like a draw-string type of movement.

Check it out.
CApainter and lilpaintchic like this.
woodcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:31 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 190
View Delta Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Extension's are the shizzle I have various sized extension's they save time my back, knee's and elbows...
lilpaintchic likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Delta Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2017, 10:19 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,934
Thanked 9,602 Times in 5,454 Posts
View CApainter's Photo Album My Photos

I have a couple of extension wands, but nothing as nice as that.

I frankly have not gotten used to spraying with a wand. Maybe it's because most of my spraying is done with a conventional gun. And they don't typically have those accessories.

I could have used one of those yesterday when everything was an adversary. including height. It would have helped if I was six eleven like TSP

Last edited by CApainter; 09-03-2017 at 10:28 AM..
CApainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,304
View woodcoyote's Photo Album My Photos

You might look into one of these too if you have to spray a lot at up-right angles. Such things could include scuppers and soffits.

You can put the pole on and it gives your wrist a more natural feel when pulling the trigger. We only use these on large projects because it obviously requires switching a gun out.
woodcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:32 AM   #6
kmp

Rewards Points: 2,470
View kmp's Photo Album My Photos

Those are what I use and have for a very long time. There is or was a packing kit of nylon gaskets that you can re-pack the swivel head with. You have to be careful when you take them apart as the housing is alum. and the bolt that the paint flows through is steel and you can damage or break it or damage the housing. A wd-40 bath helps. There is also a thin steel tube that the paint flows through that is inside the alum. tube that over time can go bad. When that happens you have to replace the whole thing. The asm are half the weight and cost of a Graco and last a long time. I can't imagine spraying without one.
kmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:42 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 5,262
View Woodco's Photo Album My Photos

I thought those were standard equipment.
Stretch67 and JohnJamesAk like this.
Woodco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None