Clopay garage doors I recently did a faux wood finish on - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Photos of Project and Equipment

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By epicpaint

Old 04-11-2019, 12:10 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 6
View epicpaint's Photo Album My Photos
Default Clopay garage doors I recently did a faux wood finish on

I had a customer who had three nice clopay garage doors but he was not happy with the factory finish. He wanted something darker and more like a self described walnut (more brown than red compared to the original). They were not originally stained because they are made from a composite material. Mostly followed manufacturer specs. Resilience satin base coat in Cobble brown, Resilience satin glaze coat in Bitter Chocalte, Resilience satin glaze coat in Tricorn black. They were finished with two coats of Modern Masters clear acrylic matte sealer.[attach]original finish[/attach][attach]Cobble brown base coat[/attach][attach]first glaze coat of bitter chocalate[/attach][attach]starting final glaze coat of Tricorn black[/attach][attach]finished final glaze coat[/attach][attach]final after clear coats[/attach][attach]Another finished angle[/attach]
Attached Thumbnails
Clopay garage doors I recently did a faux wood finish on-20190403_123227_1554994398924.jpg  

Clopay garage doors I recently did a faux wood finish on-20190408_101304_1554994866307.jpg  

Clopay garage doors I recently did a faux wood finish on-20190408_124517_1554995016400.jpg  

Clopay garage doors I recently did a faux wood finish on-20190408_135347_1554995114703.jpg  

Clopay garage doors I recently did a faux wood finish on-20190410_153533_1554995279521.jpg  

Clopay garage doors I recently did a faux wood finish on-20190410_153544_1554995355957.jpg  

Holland and Scoobysnacks like this.
epicpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2019, 03:15 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 248
View jennifertemple's Photo Album My Photos

Nicely Done! They look Great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In Time: "You learn that you really can endure...That you really are strong, And you really do have worth, And you learn and learn and learn..."
jennifertemple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:29 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 688
View Holland's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicpaint View Post
I had a customer who had three nice clopay garage doors but he was not happy with the factory finish. He wanted something darker and more like a self described walnut (more brown than red compared to the original). They were not originally stained because they are made from a composite material. Mostly followed manufacturer specs. Resilience satin base coat in Cobble brown, Resilience satin glaze coat in Bitter Chocalte, Resilience satin glaze coat in Tricorn black. They were finished with two coats of Modern Masters clear acrylic matte sealer.[attach]original finish[/attach][attach]Cobble brown base coat[/attach][attach]first glaze coat of bitter chocalate[/attach][attach]starting final glaze coat of Tricorn black[/attach][attach]finished final glaze coat[/attach][attach]final after clear coats[/attach][attach]Another finished angle[/attach]
Great work! Looks a lot better.

What is the expected maintenance routing for something like this? Is MM Clear Acrylic UV stable?
Holland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None