Front Door Re-Finish - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Photos of Project and Equipment

Old 08-27-2017, 01:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 450
View ThreeSistersPainting's Photo Album My Photos
Default Front Door Re-Finish

My exterior season is slowing down here in central oregon so it opens up spots for family. Here is my folks front door that I never got to when I painted their home last year. The factory finish wore off years ago and my dad tried staining it a couple years back, it definitely needed some love.

Its a veneered door with the factor finish worn off so I didnt have to use a chemical strip. Used 120 grit on my bosch 6" at 5 speed and it cleaned up very well. Hand sanded all the details.

Stained it with Old Masters American walnut Gel stain. The door needed another color to mesh the lighter stained areas with the darker ones so I added a little Pecan stain to the oil varnish. Two coats later the door is finished.
Attached Thumbnails
Front Door Re-Finish-img_1447.jpg  

Front Door Re-Finish-img_1448.jpg  

Front Door Re-Finish-img_1455.jpg  

Front Door Re-Finish-img_1457.jpg  

Front Door Re-Finish-img_1458.jpg  

ThreeSistersPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThreeSistersPainting For This Useful Post:
Eagle Cap Painter (08-27-2017), NACE (08-31-2017), RH (08-27-2017)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,304
View woodcoyote's Photo Album My Photos

Looks good. Did you tone it?
woodcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None