Our most recent winter project - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Photos of Project and Equipment

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jr.sr. painting
  • 1 Post By jr.sr. painting

Old 01-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 71
View jr.sr. painting's Photo Album My Photos
Default Our most recent winter project

Although our company title is just painting we complete a lot of carpentry for customers. We like to calm ourselves a one stop shop from full interior/ exterior carpentry repair and new installation, and interior drywall and carpentry. We mostly focus on remodel. I think it takes much more skill and planning to take something that is rotted or dated and fix it right the first time. This is our most recent project. Wall was 45'x14'. It's at a banquet facility we work a lot. The wall was too big and had no appeal seeing as this is the first wall seen when walking into the room. All wood was preprimed using sw multi purpose latex primer. Finish is pre cat semi on the trim and pre cat eggshell on the panels. All brush and roll. Our most recent winter project-img_2229.jpgOur most recent winter project-img_2232.jpgOur most recent winter project-img_2240.jpgOur most recent winter project-img_2245.jpgOur most recent winter project-img_2248.jpgOur most recent winter project-img_2249.jpgOur most recent winter project-img_2250.jpgOur most recent winter project-img_2252.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wildbill7145 likes this.
jr.sr. painting is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jr.sr. painting For This Useful Post:
Gymschu (01-24-2017), Paradigmzz (01-21-2017)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2017, 10:05 PM   #2
Kev D.

Rewards Points: 253
View finishesbykevyn's Photo Album My Photos

That's a crap load of trim. Must have cost a fortune. Did you price that out or do T&M? Great job.
finishesbykevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:05 PM   #3

Thanks it was a priced out job. It took 5 working days to complete. Approx. 100 man hours. 2 people including myself. Actually used all but one piece of base cap. 548' of base cap total. To top it off I made out good on the price I gave the owner.

finishesbykevyn likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2017, 01:02 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 450
View ThreeSistersPainting's Photo Album My Photos

Looks super clean. I have also been expanding my services from "just painting" to minor carpentry.

For customers it can be a huge hastle trying to schedule multiple contractors to complete a job (and cost more).
ThreeSistersPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:11 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 450
View ThreeSistersPainting's Photo Album My Photos

I'm assuming you used an airless sprayer? If so what type/size of tip did you use?

I'm looking to start substituting pre-cat products instead of using oil base finishes (cabinets, furniture) due to time
ThreeSistersPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #6

The whole project was brush and roll. I have sprayed a decent amount of the pre cat and I can say it's easy to spray and has a very durable finish. The building in the pics above had all oak doors/ moulding. We primed with coverstain and sprayed it all 2 years ago and the finish has held up great.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:30 AM   #7

I figured I'd add this post here since I started it. Just finished another job with a lot of custom carpentry we installed and painted. All millwork was poplar primed with coverstain and topcoated with pro classic semi gloss acrylic. Wall paint was Superpaint satin. However all the crown was mdf. It's much easier to twist and conform to non square walls

Tags
None