Spray Goggles - check these out! - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Photos of Project and Equipment

Like Tree8Likes

Old 04-01-2020, 06:53 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,140
View Holland's Photo Album My Photos
Default Spray Goggles - check these out!

I bought these a few years ago on eBay. They are the best spray goggles I've ever used.

Anyone know where I can buy more?? I'd buy a case of them if I could.

Would like to shake the hand of the person that came up with this brilliant idea.

Last edited by Holland; 04-01-2020 at 08:29 AM..
Holland is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2020, 07:01 AM   #2

couple more pics:

Old 04-01-2020, 07:15 AM   #3

* notice there is very little (to no) paint on the inside (foam) of the goggles, and because there is no lense over that portion, you can always see.

Last edited by Holland; 04-01-2020 at 07:23 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2020, 10:46 AM   #4

UPDATE:
if anyone cares, I was able to find the info for the ProBlocker Ninja spray goggles.

https://problocker.com/shop?olsPage=...-spray-goggles
Old 04-01-2020, 02:58 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,482
View Lightningboy65's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland View Post
UPDATE:
if anyone cares, I was able to find the info for the ProBlocker Ninja spray goggles.

https://problocker.com/shop?olsPage=...-spray-goggles

After a few years painting I started wearing good respirators (I was a bit stupid at first), and googles came not long afterward. A few years of that I went on to full face respirators, which I wore for the remainder of my career. I really recommend a full face respirator for comfort and protection. They are far less likely than goggles to fog over.

I liked the AO Safety quick fit.

Thinking about ordering some HEPA cartridges and wearing it to the store, the way things have been going,
Holland likes this.
Lightningboy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:22 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 968
View Joe67's Photo Album My Photos

I've occasionally thought about getting motorcross goggles designed for the tear-offs. If I sprayed more often, I would.
Holland likes this.
Joe67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 03:41 PM   #7

Tear offs get expensive....you'd more than likely find yourself just wiping the googles a couple of times per hour. I tried tear offs on the FF respirator, and abandoned them for the quick occasional wipe down.
Holland likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lightningboy65 For This Useful Post:
Joe67 (04-01-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 04:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningboy65 View Post
After a few years painting I started wearing good respirators (I was a bit stupid at first), and googles came not long afterward. A few years of that I went on to full face respirators, which I wore for the remainder of my career. I really recommend a full face respirator for comfort and protection. They are far less likely than goggles to fog over.

I liked the AO Safety quick fit.

Thinking about ordering some HEPA cartridges and wearing it to the store, the way things have been going,
Couldn't agree more, a good respirators is worth its weight in gold- especially during a global pandemic.

I tried several types of goggles, but could not find one that remained clear after spraying a short while. It always became more difficult to see the longer I sprayed.

I thought about tear-offs, but never tried them. I've heard they distort the view too.
Lightningboy65 likes this.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Tear offs get expensive....you'd more than likely find yourself just wiping the googles a couple of times per hour. I tried tear offs on the FF respirator, and abandoned them for the quick occasional wipe down.
Probably right. Never priced them. Of course, at the top levels of motocross there are all of those things called "sponsors." Maybe the likes of Graco and Titan should be sponsoring people - giving away spray protection systems with the brand on them for marketing...

Uh, I guess as soon as painting becomes a spectator sport...

In the meantime I remain a break and wipe guy when spraying. I need more frequent breaks when spraying anyway. I'm always in the respirator and white-suit. Need to cool off and stay hydrated.
Lightningboy65 likes this.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe67 View Post
Probably right. Never priced them. Of course, at the top levels of motocross there are all of those things called "sponsors." Maybe the likes of Graco and Titan should be sponsoring people - giving away spray protection systems with the brand on them for marketing...

Uh, I guess as soon as painting becomes a spectator sport...

In the meantime I remain a break and wipe guy when spraying. I need more frequent breaks when spraying anyway. I'm always in the respirator and white-suit. Need to cool off and stay hydrated.
You should give a full face a try,if you haven't...keeps your entire face clean and is much more comfortable than a half face. And no goggles to mess with.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lightningboy65 For This Useful Post:
Joe67 (04-02-2020)
Old 04-02-2020, 12:57 AM   #11

Quote:
You should give a full face a try,if you haven't...keeps your entire face clean and is much more comfortable than a half face. And no goggles to mess with.

Old 04-02-2020, 01:06 AM   #12

Quote:
How do you keep paint from collecting on the visor and making it hard to see?
Old 04-02-2020, 06:13 AM   #13

Quote:
Same as with goggles...take it off and wipe down when needed. The face sheild is high grade plastic on any quality respirator....wipes down easily with a rag and does not easily scratch.
Wildbill7145 likes this.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #14

Quote:
Quote:
Same as with goggles...take it off and wipe down when needed. The face sheild is high grade plastic on any quality respirator....wipes down easily with a rag and does not easily scratch.
I believe the Ninja goggles and a high quality respirator is a better option.

You never have to wipe wet (and drying) paint across a visor, because the line of sight is never obstructed. A visor will need to be wiped dozens of times on an average house, and the vision would always be slightly blocked to varying degrees.

Last edited by Holland; 04-02-2020 at 09:02 AM..
Old 04-02-2020, 09:05 AM   #15

Highly Recommended

Last edited by Holland; 04-02-2020 at 09:12 AM..
Old 04-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #16

Rewards Points: 38
View Respec's Photo Album My Photos

Has anyone ever seen this product for overspray? I once saw an ad for what looks like a bike helmet that has a fan built into it that creates an air blade that blows down in front of your face blocking all overspray. It also could be used while wearing a respirator. It looked like it worked great, but I have never been able to find it to purchase.
Holland likes this.
Respec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respec View Post
Has anyone ever seen this product for overspray? I once saw an ad for what looks like a bike helmet that has a fan built into it that creates an air blade that blows down in front of your face blocking all overspray. It also could be used while wearing a respirator. It looked like it worked great, but I have never been able to find it to purchase.
Are you serious, or trashing my thread?
If you're actually considering it, I would say that the fan motor would likely get fried from the overspray.

Last edited by Holland; 04-08-2020 at 10:36 AM..
Old 04-08-2020, 10:33 AM   #18

I ended up buying (9) more goggles so I can have in the future for myself and employees.

What I like about them is that they are inexpensive enough to not worry about losing them (and they look very stylish while on the jobsite).

Also, I never have to clean them, and I can always see out of them with 100% clarity.

Last edited by Holland; 04-08-2020 at 10:35 AM..
Old 04-09-2020, 08:12 AM   #19

Rewards Points: 38
View Respec's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Are you serious, or trashing my thread?
If you're actually considering it, I would say that the fan motor would likely get fried from the overspray.
It is a legitimate question. I was not trying to trash the thread. I once saw it in a video as a top innovative product. It appeared to work very well, although overspray in the long haul may be a problem as you stated. The fan is in the back of the helmet, so I guess depending on the amount of overspray, it may or may not become a problem. If there where pre-filters on it, that would probably solve the issue. I don't know enough about it because it was a video with a bunch of different innovative products, but didn't have links to any of the products.
Holland likes this.
Respec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:59 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respec View Post
It is a legitimate question. I was not trying to trash the thread. I once saw it in a video as a top innovative product. It appeared to work very well, although overspray in the long haul may be a problem as you stated. The fan is in the back of the helmet, so I guess depending on the amount of overspray, it may or may not become a problem. If there where pre-filters on it, that would probably solve the issue. I don't know enough about it because it was a video with a bunch of different innovative products, but didn't have links to any of the products.
I've never heard of anything like that before, but I'll use anything that works and makes my job easier - still skeptical that it would work (for very long). Can't hear intonation through a computer monitor, so sometimes difficult to comprehend intent.

Tags
None