Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HD Black Fri. deal--->4' ladder $17. (Ended)

5K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  DB_1 
#1 ·
HD has 4' fiberglass ladders for $17. for black Fri. deals.

#6 ·
Coming clean

Okay guys and gals, so I have honestly been thinking about clearing this up for some time. I honestly do not hate HD. It was really a goof in the beginning and has been a hoot along the way but it is not the worst place. Initially my complaints with HD were mostly coming from the paint dept.,as well as not getting good service with the other sales staff but I have learned how to make it work.The best thing about HD is they are open after say 5 or 6 when most paint stores are closed.

Here is a tip for ordering paint, write everything down that you need and let the attendant know and then just walk away and come back after a lunch break.

P.S. If you see a new member to this site with the name "I'm_Color_Blind" please say hello.

#8 ·
Okay guys and gals, so I have honestly been thinking about clearing this up for some time. I honestly do not hate HD. It was really a goof in the beginning and has been a hoot along the way but it is not the worst place. Initially my complaints with HD were mostly coming from the paint dept.,as well as not getting good service with the other sales staff but I have learned how to make it work.The best thing about HD is they are open after say 5 or 6 when most paint stores are closed.

Here is a tip for ordering paint, write everything down that you need and let the attendant know and then just walk away and come back after a lunch break.

P.S. If you see a new member to this site with the name "I'm_Color_Blind" please say hello.

But wouldn't that entail buying BEHR????:eek::blink::no::no::no::no::no:

#19 ·
It's mostly about idiots waiting in line all night then stampeding to get cheap chinese made crap they'll probably end up returning anyways.

But seriously, it's always the day after our Thanksgiving here in the states and marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. Retailers usually have a few items on sale for dirt cheap to get people in the doors to start shopping. Gotta love us Americans huh lol.

#20 ·
DB_1 said:
It's mostly about idiots waiting in line all night then stampeding to get cheap chinese made crap they'll probably end up returning anyways.

But seriously, it's always the day after our Thanksgiving here in the states and marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. Retailers usually have a few items on sale for dirt cheap to get people in the doors to start shopping. Gotta love us Americans huh lol.
Exactly, the day is actually called "black" Friday because traditionally this day marks the turning point in the retail industry that buisiness' start to make a profit or get out of the red and into the black.

Btw black Friday in a small town is much less hectic I cruised over to HD around 10am and got a $17 ladder, there were still about 30 of them left. Also scored a set of 600 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets for $19.99

#21 ·
Fellow paper hanger got one of those platforms and didn't like how they were not REAL easy to move, so he mounted a steel handle on the top. I asked if he didn't trip over the handle while working on the platform, "not after the fifth time", he said. DOH!

#27 ·
I was able to work on the platform today and make some cuts. I didn't exactly take my time with it as the cuts could have been straighter but it will get the job done. I filed off the burrs and gave it sanding on the edges so it's smooth when you grab it...works pretty good. It still feels as strong when you step on it, I don't see it being a problem.

I was in HD today (no I wasn't buying paint:icon_rolleyes:) and I saw a trunk handle that would probably work. It has a pretty low profile so when it's laying down it shouldn't cause too much of a problem if/when you step on it.

Here's a pic of my platform mod:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.