“Return of decorative arts”? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Decorative Finishes

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr Smith
  • 1 Post By PPD
  • 1 Post By fauxlynn
  • 1 Post By lewisreed121

Old 03-24-2020, 12:59 PM   #1
PPD
Girl Boss

Rewards Points: 120
View PPD's Photo Album My Photos
Default “Return of decorative arts”?

@fauxlynn did u see last months Veranda declared “a dramatic return for decorative painting“?

I guess I missed the memo that it had ever gone away....hahaha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Perfectly Painted Designs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Diego, CA
PPD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PPD For This Useful Post:
fauxlynn (03-29-2020)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2020, 11:44 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,022
View Mr Smith's Photo Album My Photos

I'm not sure if this qualifies, but check this video out. It looks simple enough for anyone to do this type of decorative painting.

PPD likes this.
Mr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Smith For This Useful Post:
PPD (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 05:07 PM   #3
PPD
Girl Boss

Rewards Points: 120
View PPD's Photo Album My Photos
Default “Return of decorative arts”?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
I'm not sure if this qualifies, but check this video out. It looks simple enough for anyone to do this type of decorative painting.

https://youtu.be/F1MgqiTMo6k

Heck ya!!

U can post finish videos ANY day of the week, I live for those rabbit holes !

Watchin that brought major flash backs of my 1st off-campus apartment...Did almost the EXACT same thing on living room wall.

Only difference was I used high-gloss & flat sheens in same color (super revolutionary back then lemme tell ya ) rolled haphazardly & blended with a rag so it shimmered from certain angles.

Wish I had a picture, but musta been cool cuz I remember having to explain how it was done a million times when ppl saw it for the first time.

Also covered wall behind my bed in a deep red fabric by using liquid starch. That wall was bullet proof for over 3 years, not even 1 wrinkle ...then move out time came & I had to try n cover the red stains left behind with primer.

That color musta soaked down through the drywall cuz I recall frantically rollin something like the 3rd primer coat 10min before our final walk-through & it still had pink tint!

Always a glutton for punishment, can ya guess the first thing I did in my new book place? Cover my bedroom door in deep purple dyed silk...using liquid starch...of course!

If only someone had pointed out that I may be tryin to go down the wrong path & I’d eventually become a decorative finisher I coulda saved 6 years + A LOT of debt....*sigh, youth*
Mr Smith likes this.

Perfectly Painted Designs

San Diego, CA

Last edited by PPD; 03-27-2020 at 05:15 PM..
PPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2020, 02:59 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 400
Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,490 Posts
View fauxlynn's Photo Album My Photos

You’re awesome covering doors in silk!
Anyway, I missed that issue, probably sitting on my desk. I hope things are on the rise, just gotta keep my foot in the door I guess.
PPD likes this.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:43 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 4
View lewisreed121's Photo Album My Photos
Default Decorative Arts for walls

I have my vinyl records up on my wall with each one as sort of a picture. Its a cool way to display your musical taste.
PPD likes this.
lewisreed121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None